Monday 11 December 2023

Monday, 11-12-23: Blogmas 11

 Good morning, everyone.

In the body Shop Advent calendar today was this;  another hand cream, this time for normal skin and rose scented.

The first one was mango scented and for dry skin and you can really see the difference in the actual cream - the mango one is much thicker and needs massaging in whereas the rose one is much lighter in texture and disappears quickly into my skin.

I'm making great inroads into the mango hand cream and it's helping a lot. so, maybe, between using that, I can use the rose one.  I'll see.  But they are both products I am glad to use and, maybe, keep using.

And the scents are just lovely.

I didn't get to wash my hair yesterday so really must today so will see what the shea shampoo and conditioner are both like.

Yesterday really was a quiet and gentle day, so much so that I stayed in my pjs all day.  I can't remember the last time I did that.  I did get stuff done though - planning, lists, sorting out all my cruise paperwork into a folder, a bit of washing, a bit of ironing . . . little, useful things.

Without any spoilers, In Strictly, while I was saddened to see that particular person go, I felt it was right and also right that it was a split decision as it was really close..  Quite often there have been 'shock eliminations' through the weeks but this year, despite a few shocks regarding who was in the dance off, I felt the right choices were made.  It was so close though and very emotional.
If you watch Strictly, what did you think?
I'm really looking forward to the final next Saturday now.  It should be amazing, perhaps the best I can remember.

Today is quite busy but in a really nice way.  I need to get my hair sorted, of course, to do a bit of general tidying up (nothing too bad), get tomorrow's dinner into the slow cooker, make lunch and generally faff around because my friend, Diane, is over mid-morning.  Diane is my cruise friend and we had to cancel a get-together when I had that cold a fortnight ago.  We want to go through everything and make sure we are both as ready as we can be as well as working out what we still need to get done.
It should be a lot of fun.

Later on, I will have a bit of ironing to do but that is about it.
A really nice day!  
What is your day looking like?

Today's Blogmas music is another great favourite,  Carol of the Bells.  It is based on a Ukrainian folk song and is deceptively simple.

First, Libera's version:


. . . and now Pentatonix's interpretation, so totally different.



20 comments:

  1. I've not watched the results show yet - so will enjoy that later.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope what I said wasn't too much of a spoiler. If so, really sorry. And enjoy - the dancing was amazing. xx

      Delete
  2. We're happy with those who are in the semi-final and love that programme.. exciting times planning your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I would have preferred that person in the final. Just one wee teeny mistake made the difference. I love Carol of the Bells in all it's forms xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it gets very tight at this stage. xx

      Delete
  4. Loved Strictly last night and the result was as expected. The person eliminated was so gracious and a lesson to others on how to accept defeat. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were - it was beautiful, both from the celebrity and from their professional partner. xx

      Delete
  5. Sadly, it was the right choice, I was hoping against hope that they would pull through but it wasn't to be. Very emotional too!
    I've got a problem with the top couple, who are brilliant, but, even though it's a different kind of dancing, the celebrity is a professional dancer, and therefore has a huge advantage over the others, which I think is unfair. Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the biggest advantage he has is that he knows how to perform through dance - that's been their biggest strength. I think public opinion will deal with the other - and it is just the public vote in the final.
      What I don't like is the level of hate in social media. There's no excuse for that, whatever the rights and wrongs of it all..

      I was hoping too but I actually wanted them all to go through and perhaps they would have if there hadn't been two leavers. Oh well, we had some amazing performances and next week should be stunning.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It's good to have a quiet day all to yourself with no demands on your time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is off topic but have to tell you I enjoy English shows like the Abby, of course, and Midsomer . However, the reality shows of any kind …not for me…that being said, I think it is the scenery I like. The villages. Probably filmed elsewhere lol. When in England, I loved the houses and castles and churches. A. Hathaway cottage…etc.
    I won’t mention my first experience of the cream on my scone…wow…delicious…each night, I would leave my HOT
    Hotel room and run next door to a restaurant/bar for an icy cold Coke. The server would say, “of course, you want ice…”I chuckle. I was there once in June and once in July during heat waves. I had not taken proper clothes for warm weather either. I love England…the people…all of it…of course, I love the 47 states I have visited here. I just enjoy your blog so much and your travels…the food items…thank you, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas. I also like your planning. Since Christmas comes every year on the same day, I seldom understand why others panic and get stressed…plan plan plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the shows where skills are on show - so Pottery Throw Down, Sewing Bee, Strictly. I don't like the skating one - it seems so much more dangerous.
      Cream teas are delicious, I agree. I rarely have them so they're an extra treat when I do.
      I think people get stressed for Christmas because expectations are so high. It has to be perfect with glitter on top. Also, there's worry about the expense. Planning really helps, I agree.
      xx

      Delete
  8. That was Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Strictly too and I do agree with the elimination. It's going to be an amazing final isn't it. I bet you felt thoroughly relaxed after the pj's day. It does us good now and then to have a proper relax. You'll be on that cruise before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's scarily close - just a week tomorrow. Eeeeek! xx

      Delete
  10. I've really been enjoying a much needed catch up with your posts this morning, Joy. As you know, I especially love the festive music, some I know well and others I had forgotten how much I loved.
    Your Body Shop calendar has provided you with lots of gorgeous products and I am definitely tempted to get myself one next year. They're always really nice to use.
    I hope Beth is feeling better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body Shop stuff is always good, I agree. I'm so glad I gave in to that impulse and bought one. Not the cheapest but I will use or re-gift all the stuff so far - apart from the bath scrubby thing. :-)
      xx

      Delete