Friday 15 December 2023

Friday, 15-12-23: Blogmas 15

 Morning, one and all, and welcome to Friday.  Last day of the working week - or the last day of the non-working working week for us golden oldies.  

Today's Body Shop thingy is another hand cream - or hand balm this time, almond milk for dry, sensitive skin.

My hands do get dry, especially when I'm doing a lot of knitting.  Maybe the yarn draws the moisture out, I don't know, but I hate the scratchy feeling.  SO I am very happy about this third hand cream; they're all different in scent and in feel but they're all being used several times a day and my hands feel lovely and soft at the moment.

Goodness, I sound like an advert for Fairy Liquid.
Remember the old joke?

Mummy, mummy, why are your hand so soft?
Because daddy does the washing up, darling.
(in the days when daddies, generally, didn't . . .)


Yesterday was really good.  I got my bit of shopping done early before Chris came over for coffee, chat, fruit and nuts (elfy stuff)  😏, we had a lovely chat and we decided to try and fit one in next week on Wednesday, if possible.  

Then I did a bit of housework and made some fudge - for family, you understand!  It's in the fridge out of harms' way for now.

Seth's team - two of them anyway - turned up and did the necessary and now I think the work is all done and dusted - and paid for.  It's been a bit of a haul but I'm happy with the outcomes.  I had hoped to have everything sorted out and moved around by now or at least before Christmas, but that really isn't going to happen now.  Not to worry, there's loads of time.
I turned a bit spendy yesterday - only a bit - and bought a runner online to go from the door of the shed in front of the freezer.  The floor in these is already needing a wash so a bit of washable carpet should help with that.  It's daft to have to wash the shed floor!!

After a family chat in the evening, we decided that it would be better to defer our family get together until after New Year and, I have to admit, once that was decided, I did feel a great sense of relief amongst the sadness.  To get covid now would be a bit awful really.  Beth and Al are coming over for a low key Sunday thingy like we sometimes do, assuming they are bug free, and Beth will take Dave and Anna's gifts to them.  A shame but . . . I'm not usually paranoid about bugs but it's different this year, isn't it?

Today starts with Slimming World and later on I have my deferred personal training, the last one of this year.  The lovely cleaners will be working their usual magic and the house is ready for them.  There's a few piles of washing to do and, weather permitting, I can dry it out on the line.  That would be very nice and the forecast is quite positive but we will see.

I don't know if Sooze is reading this today but, if so, Sooze, I hope Wednesday went like a dream and that you are snug, cosy and warm in your lovely new-to-you home now.  Thinking of you.  xxx

For today's Blogmas music, I thought it was time to start on the more traditional carols with that lovely old children's carol, Away in a Manger, sung so, so beautifully by Libera. 


Just gorgeous . . . 

16 comments:

  1. That's a shame about Sunday but probably the sensible option. Lovely carol today. I love to hear children singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but Beth was right, it wouldn't be that sensible really. We can get together and have a games afternoon or something in January. It might brighten up a dull month. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a shame you have to defer your family gathering but it's something to look forward to in the quieter days of January. I must say, your Body Shop Advent calendar sounds lovely - so many deliciously smelling goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, Janice. I'm so glad I got it. xx

      Delete
  3. Very wise to delay your Festive Gathering and it will brighten up a dark day in January. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will - it just makes so much more sense this way. Thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. A shame to have to postpone but definitely the right decision. You will have something to look forward to in the New Year with all your family together.
    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I will - it's lovely to have things to look forward to, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. You leave Dec 21? My daughter is here for a couple of weeks. She leaves the 20. We celebrate a birthday for grandson the 19th. Love your blog. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely - have a wonderful time with your family. xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh, homemade fudge, how lovely x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice. A Thermomix recipe and so, so easy. xx

      Delete
  7. Yes good idea to keep away from people who have a virus, no one wants to be ill over Christmas, keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely we don't, no way! You too, Chris, and thanks. xx

      Delete
  8. Probably for the best to stay away from those who are ill, though I know it is disappointing.

    Thank you for the memories. I attended Sunday School in a Scottish Presbyterian church from kindergarden until Grade 12 when we moved. Our little Sunday services before breaking into our grade classrooms usually had us singing Away In A Manger no matter the time of year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute!
      Yes, it is disappointing and I am aware of some inconsistency here as I'm off into town, likely to be crowded, but I won't be close to anyone for long enough and I am taking my mask - plenty of people are wearing masks again at the moment round here.
      xx

      Delete