Wednesday 27 September 2023

Wednesday, 27-09-23

Good morning, everyone.  It's dry and dull at the moment and yesterday, contrary to a dire weather forecast, remained pleasant and sunny all day.  The forecast for today is pleasant which probably means it is going to rain its socks off!!  :-)

I saw this on Facebook yesterday and it made me laugh out loud so I'm sharing it.  Any teacher who has taught SPaG will appreciate it, I am sure.

As always, Groove yesterday was good.  I always enjoy it but it was super-nice going with a friend.  Chris also enjoyed herself and I think she's going to commit to it.

Later on, I drove over to where I was getting my jab and I am now properly anti-Covidated for as long as it lasts.  I'm pleased because now I'm getting out and about a lot more I'm more likely to encounter someone going down with it.
By the way, Beth is now testing negative and is on the mend so that's good.

After my fifteen minutes rest to ensure I wasn't going to faint (I didn't), I drove round the corner to the Clock Tower precinct and stocked up with fruit and a few other bits and bobs from M&S and Aldi.  Once home, a bit of a reaction set in - a few aches and some nasty tummy cramps (perhaps I ate too much fruit but it doesn't usually affect me like that and when I had proper Covid, I had a day of similar issues) so I rested for the rest of the day and this morning I am fine with just a residual upper arm ache, the same as when I had the flu jab.  No problems, in other words.

It's a gentle start to the day today until midday when lovely Sharon is coming round to do my hair.  Then, late afternoon, I'll off for my PT session with Lindsey and that's it for today.  I'll get my packing planned for Monday so I know what I need to have ready and I didn't do much shed stuff yesterday so that's on the list for today.
And that's it - a very quiet day today and I plan to make the most of it and get plenty of knitting done.
Have a good day, everyone, whatever your plans.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Love the 'loose parts' Joy! Certainly a chuckle from me!!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to start the day with a chuckle, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  2. The joys of punctuation . . . x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - and the joys of teaching it to littlies!! xx

      Delete
  3. Bad punctuation drives me potty. I have an insane urge to correct it ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it really winds me up! I'm not saying I always get it right but I do my best. xx

      Delete
  4. That cartoon did make me chuckle. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite clever in its way. If I was still at school, I would have printed it out and stuck it on the staff board, for sure. xx

      Delete