Wednesday 13 September 2023

Wednesday, 13-09-23

 Morning, one and all, and welcome to Wednesday's blog post.  :-)
Well, we had rain.  Not a lot and no storming as far as I could tell, but better than nothing at all and it was cooler and fresher yesterday so no grumbles whatsoever.

It was good to get back to Groove although I had to be careful and couldn't do some of the moves - no, not couldn't, decided it would be sensible not to as it hurt a bit.  Lindsey gave me alternatives that were better.  I'm glad to be exercising again but with reservations.

Mel arrived for lunch and we had a good old natter while we enjoyed the home made tomato soup (so delicious, even though I say it myself).  I like Mel - bags of common sense and a great sense of humour.

After she left, I settled down to crochet and enjoy some telly.


A terrible photo, sorry.  I couldn't be bothered to dig out the ring light - bad me!
I'll try again later when there's some natural light.
Anyway, I love them although I'm not sure what I want to do with them really.  I like the idea of a garland but I don't really have anywhere to hang one.
These are cute.  None of them are very difficult and they didn't take that long, apart from the popcorn stitch one which did take a bit more time.  I wonder if I can find a little gonk pattern to go with them.  I'll take a look.

I also had a rummage in my pattern box and found a nice aran pattern for a hooded jacket for little Bertie.   I've ordered some soft aran yarn so, when it arrives, I can get started.


I thought today I would pop over to Lathcoats.  I'm quite low on my fruit and veg and they have their own apples in the shop now.  I love what they do - they have all the different kinds on a table and you can cut a bit off to try before you buy.  I also want to get some scoop and bag frozen cherries and a few more bits and bobs too.

Then I'm home until later in the afternoon when it's over to Lindsey's for personal training.

I need to do some washing today so fingers crossed it is a dry one.  :-)

Are you finding the days are passing so very quickly at the moment?  Blink and you miss one!  Have a lovely day anyway, whether it goes quickly or not so quickly for you.  xx


14 comments:

  1. love your acorns and oak leaves - if tray cloths were still a thing they would look good appliqued onto a corner!
    How good to be able to try before you buy for apple flavours, I've noticed that supermarkets have cut down on their apple varieties or that may be because English are not in yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would look nice, I agree. They look quite nice just laid out as a pattern on the sideboard - the leaves do need a bit of a gentle steam, I think.

      Maybe the varieties will increase seasonally. Hope so, that are so many wonderful apple varieties. I'd rather have them than Golden (not) Delicious, any day of the week. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the Autumn crocheting. Instead of a long garland how about a circular wreath? Will send photo of what I mean!
    Days are going quickly especially when today feels like Sunday!!
    Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, Suze, I like the sound of that very much. Thanks.

      I have days like that too. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Love those little acorns. I'm really liking the fashion for seasonal wreaths. They started popping up a few years ago and I keep planning to make one or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple, just a bit fiddly in places and they're quick to make. xx

      Delete
  4. The days are speeding along for us but the jobs we need to get done are not speeding along at the same rate!! Your little acorns and leaves are so cute and you are so clever...and quick at making them. I have still got to get back to baby Chocolate's jacket I was knitting before he was born - he is nearly 4 months now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. Time is most certainly relative.

      Ooops - yes, you do really or it won't fit any more. Good luck. xx

      Delete
  5. I love the oak leaves and acorns. A garland would be lovely - bannisters, perhaps, if you have bannisters, that is? (I've just discovered that 'banister' is singular and 'bannisters' with two ns is plural. What a daft language!) x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that popcorn pumpkin - so cute x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, isn't it. I do like the popcorn stitch. xx

      Delete
  7. Love the growing collection of pumpkins, acorns and leaves. Hope you find somwhere to display them :-)

    ReplyDelete