Saturday 23 September 2023

Saturday, 23-09-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Saturday at last and I'm off to Windsor for the day.  I've checked the weather forecast and, while it won't be warm, it looks to be lovely and sunny there (and here too).  Excellent.

I'm whizzing through this because I have to be out by about 7:20 to get to Broomfield, park the car and meet the others who are going.  My pack pack is packed with essentials (including camera and phone, rain mac and fruit) and the ticket for the castle visit thingy is safely tucked away in a side pocket.  To be honest, I don't have many other plans apart from that, aiming for a general explore of the place for as long as I have.

Yesterday was really nice.  One pound on at SW but that's OK, it's within target range so no worries.  

It was just so lovely to meet up with Andrea for lunch.  We go back a while - we taught the two year one classes at the same time and we played keyboard in the church band.  She's no longer working at that school, she's a sort of freelance music teacher, doing both whole class teaching and instrumental tuition, but we have so many memories in common and we talked and talked and talked until she had to go.  We've made a date for her to come here for lunch next month.

Well, better get moving, dressed and so on.  Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your day in Windsor. It's a good day to go, with the sun shining and not too much wind. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was beautiful weather - a very lucky choice of day there! xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely day - I'm having ongoing problems with my I pad, so couldn't comment yesterday x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was good. I hope the pad problems are easily sorted. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a lovely day. I've never been to Windsor, so I'm looking forward to reading all about it.
    Like you, I've been digging up the last of my tomatoes. I've put them on the kitchen window sill, in the hope that some of them might ripen.
    I hope Beth and Alex are feeling better now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need more than one day really, but it was lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your trip to Windsor. Hope you share your pictures with all of us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I have to upload them first and get them cropped, etc. xx

      Delete