Wednesday 20 September 2023

Wednesday, 20-09-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome.  We are now two thirds of the way through September.  Oh, my goodness!!  The weather wasn't great yesterday but not nearly as bad as predicted.  This morning has started off quite nicely but yesterday's 'heavy rain' seems to have shifted to today so if I want to do any garden clearing, I'll need to get it done early.

I thoroughly enjoyed Groove yesterday.  Apart from the occasional 'pull' the back behaved perfectly so I was able to go for it - the more you put in to these things, the more you get out - and it was great.  Mind you, I felt it later - talk about stiff.  A sign that it was needed and I was doing it right!!
When I was at secondary, summer term always focused on tennis and athletics and the first session of the new term was always spent doing exercises - I think you might call it 'drill' (it was in the early/mid 60s).  The next day we were all stiff and aching and the staff used to laugh.  Well, yesterday evening felt a bit like that but it's much easier this morning and none of it is bad!!

I got the washing done, all but the bedding and I will pick a better day to do that so I can dry it outside.  There's just a little bit more ironing to do today and that's it done and dusted.

There's two things in the diary for today.  One is personal training this afternoon and I'm hoping I can put a lot more into it this week, like Groove.  Last week, I was very cautious and Lindsey is very good and takes concerns seriously so she didn't try to push things along too much.

The other is getting some stuff in for Beth.  Poor love, she and Alex have Covid - again!  It's only six months since the last dose.  She said it's not as bad as last time but she feels pretty ropey so I have a list of meds and soft foods to get in for them both.  All I can say is thank goodness it's this week and not next because at the beginning of October we are off to Center Parcs for five days and it really would have put the clappers on things.
I will be leaving it all on her doorstep.  No going in to play with the cats today.

I want to do a bit of garden stuff first thing and there's the ironing to finish plus all the usual bits and bobs so that will keep me out of trouble.
And that's today.  Nothing terribly exciting but nothing that awful either.  Just a normal day.
Take care, stay safe and be good!!  😇xx

14 comments:

  1. It's odd how some people are unfortunate enough to have Covid several times (a couple of our neighbours have), whilst others don't seem to catch it at all. Husband and I have never had it, we count ourselves very fortunate on that front. Hope Beth and Alex feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very odd, I agree. Beth is Not Pleased although she's OK enough to work from home - well, she was yesterday anyway. Thank you, Sooze. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Beth and Alex - they seem to have gone through a lot recently, hope they feel better soon. Like Sooze posted those of us who haven't had Covid count ourselves lucky, my husband and I haven't had it either.
    Getting out in the garden before the rain comes is on my agenda for today too, that's after I have finished tracking and watched my sister's plane land in Perth.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it once and, although it wasn't nice, it was not terrible. I've had contact a few times and isolated, in case, but it came to nothing. xx
      xx

      Delete
  3. Poor Beth and Alex - I hope they feel better soon. Some of my family have had it a couple of times - it's miserable. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is more than a bit disgruntled, I have to say, but really not feeling very unwell at all, which is a great relief. xx

      Delete
  4. I love reading your posts because you always seem to approach things with such positivity, even when it's not great news. Thank you for blogging for us all and I hope your loved ones are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely thing to say, thanks very much, Shannon. Nice to 'meet' you. xx

      Delete
  5. Yes, thank goodness it's now and not spoiling your holiday plans!
    Like others have mentioned we have so far escaped covid - although I won't be eligible for a booster this year, husband will - but maybe the government will change its mind on that as covid seems to be on the increase again
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that it changes to match the current situation. I expect one could pay for one, if wanted, like flu jabs. xx

      Delete
  6. My friend just got Covid again, too. The cases seem to be rising. Sore and stiff muscles can be painful. I hope you've recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are here too but it seems to be a fairly light dose. Another variant, I gather. I hope your friend is OK. xx

      Delete
  7. Our youngest son has had Covid twice as well and once he thought he probably had it. I think I better get some more test kits as the scourge is on the rise once again. I hope your muscles are loosening up now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is always worth keeping a few tests in. I know you don't have to either test or report it now (in the UK, anyway) but I'd like to feel I was being responsible and isolate while positive seeing as I can.
      I'm feeling loads better now, thanks. xx

      Delete