Wednesday 6 September 2023

Wednesday, 06-09-23

 Good morning, one and all.  How are you today?  It is way too early to see what the sky is like but BBC reckons loads of warm sunshine.
However, overnight, it was surprisingly cool and comfortable - I was happy about that, even though I've woken far too early.

Yesterday was absolutely lovely.  I drove up towards and through Braintree and on to Petersfield Village where I met Suze (I was a bit late - she was very gracious!).  We had a little wander around looking at some fascinating antique/retro stuff, some of which really brought back memories of childhood and my Nana's home.

Then we went into the Fox in the Stables tearoom and we were there pretty much for two hours and I don't think we stopped talking once, did we Suze?  It was so lovely discovering how much we have in common.  I brought the lap blanket I'm working on and Suze brought some wonderful applique cushion covers she is making for friends.  Not to do, just a sort of adults Show and Tell (after all, we were both KS1/FS teachers).  And Suze gave me the most delightful counted cross stitch card to say well done for the Woman of the Year thingy.  We sat on a sofa rather than at a table - very comfortable and conducive to chit-chat.

(Not the best photo ever and rather limited because there were other groups of people to the right, sorry)




Here's the card.

Isn't it lovely!  It's definitely going in my memory box when I've finished displaying it.

Thanks for a lovely time, Suze; looking forward to the next meet up now.  😀

Once back home again, I got the dry washing in but that was it - I couldn't be bothered to get anything ironed so I have that to do today.

I ended up just doing some more crochet and fighting off waves of sleep - well, it was quite hot!  That's my excuse anyway.

Today, the first thing I am doing is popping into town.  I need to go back to Specsavers to get my new glasses adjusted - they are just a bit too tight and the arms are just too short before they start bending and they're giving me a headache.
Once that's done, I will probably have a little saunter round and see what there is to be seen in all the usual places before coming home to tackle the usual household tasks.  
And I MUST get up to date with finances too.

Just an ordinary, gentle day and none the worse for that. 
Are you enjoying the renewed warm weather or is it a bit too much for you?  xx

16 comments:

  1. Yesterday was wonderful, thank you Joy. I love the term 'adult' show and tell - it was exactly just that. Your throw is beautiful and so much brighter in real life, it will be great to snuggle under. (Thanks for the sneaky preview of that) We were the first in the tea room and the last to leave with a steady stream of customers in between! For those of you not having had the pleasure of meeting Joy, she is one incredible, warm, fun loving lady. Looking forward to our next catch up and adult show and tell.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < blush > And, everyone, Suze is ditto - we really had a lovely meet up. xx

      Delete
  2. How did that happen?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - goodness knows but I will delete one of them. Blogger does some really weird stuff at times. xx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic time and sweet Description of your day. Greetings from Warsaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to meet a blog friend and discover you have so much in common.
    'Show and tell' - how sweet, but how some children worried about what they were going to take for show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, we had no such problems yesterday.
      But yes, some didn't find it easy and needed careful 'questioning'. xx

      Delete
  5. How nice to hear all about your meet up with Suze, I like the look of the chairs in the cafe. I love the sunshine but the intense heat does get a bit much doesn't it? Still much rather this than wind and rain!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly rather hot right now. I'm staying inside with the fan on.

      The cafe was lovely and had a great atmosphere. xx

      Delete
  6. I am not sure of this but: I think Sooze of Her in him out 2 responds to your blog. I love her blog as I love yours. I can't get on hers anymore as it sends me to other sites. Do not ask. I have Apple IPAD but this is happening...please let her know for me if you email her. Maybe just something over here...(Florida/America)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nuisance for you. I think Sooze is away this week but maybe she will see your message here. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I am so aggravated. I guess I will read her responses on your blog. Brenda

      Delete
    3. She has commented on Thursday's blog. xx

      Delete
  7. Just a footnote to this, I like Sooze's blog too but dislike signing in so don't comment - I do understand why some bloggers insist on a sign in........
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tearooms looks very conducive to a chatty blogger meet up, those chairs are gorgeous. I often think that blogging is like an adult 'show and tell'. I know I get a lot less nervous blogging about stuff than my poor younger son used to get about having to stand up in front of the whole class.

    ReplyDelete