Friday 15 September 2023

Friday, 15-09-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's just getting light here  so all I can say is that the skies look pretty clear.  Promising.  Yesterday was beautiful - sunny, warm but not baking.  Perfect early Autumnal weather.

Sitting out with Chris, chatting and enjoying both coffee and each other's company was great.  However, I noticed that the garden is getting rather bedraggled and will soon need its first autumn haircut.

However, the front was worse so I had a little conversation with my back, grabbed the weed scraper thingamabob, dustpan, brush and bucked and sorted out the pathway.  I need to do my side of the standing space, where the cars are and the 'lawn' is shockingly long, so I have a Little List to work on if the weather plays ball.
And the back cooperated nicely and didn't grumble in the least.  Excellent.

Well, I did my statutory duty - as far as OFSTED is concerned, anyway - and clicked on the link to the safeguarding training, only to be firmly told I had already done it for this year.  I was expecting 'year' to be from September to August as it was a school things, but maybe it means the calendar year.  If so, yes, I have but I have emailed Heather for clarification, to be on the safe side.
So I had more time than I expected.  No complaints there.

I have made enough 3D crochet pumpkins.  They're getting a bit boring now and, anyway, how many pumpkins can one need!  I watched a tutorial on how to cover a polystyrene ring (using crochet) so I could make a wreath or something.  Or I could make a twiggy wreath with some bits of branch that fell off next door's birch tree.  Or both - but again, how many wreaths can one person need.
The yarn hasn't arrived.  Maybe today.  I'm itching to get started on Bertie's present.

On to today and it is Slimming World first thing.  Will I hit my target?  Goodness knows but I ain't stressing - what's a pound and a half between friends anyway?
I look forward to group so much.  It's a social highlight of my week, for sure.  So much laughter and fun.

Once home again, I'll probably get the front sorted a bit more, maybe finished, before doing a bit of pruning, etc, at the back.  Just general; tidying up and neatening off.  Inside, I want to work on next week's 'menu' and get my shopping list done for tomorrow.  Don't I live an exciting life, eh?  

Happy Friday to us all.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you're still up to date with your training - I too am hoping it's annual as I did all mine around March! Can't wait to see your Autumn creations.
    Happy Friday to you too.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am, then I'm sure you are too. I'll let you know.
      It means I have to remember (or Heather does) to do it in the New Year.

      Delete
  2. Blue sky from every window here - what a treat.
    Hope it's the same for you - have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such gorgeous weather at the moment, isn't it. SImply perfect. And the nights are cool and comfortable as well. Three cheers. xx

      Delete
  3. I imagine you could crochet an entire autumn scene, with hedgehogs and spiders, bats and mice, toadstools, and some trees with their beautiful foliage. What a project that would be! :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll think on that one - I like the idea of a hedgehog or two! xx

      Delete
  4. A little cooler here, thankfully. I hope that your day goes well! Just watch your back! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, thanks.
      I'm glad it is cooler for you. xx

      Delete
  5. Rain here at the moment but the garden needed a good drink so no complaints from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need some here too. We have had a very small amount over the last three weeks but not enough for the poor garden. xx

      Delete
  6. As it gets closer to our Thanksgiving and Halloween I often think about knitting pumpkins... Have not done so as of yet. Perhaps this year, or maybe next year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jackie. Welcome back. Are you home again? Hoping you had a wonderful time.
      The little ones I have made do look really cute and I'm glad I made them. I learnt a few tips about crochet along the way too. xx

      Delete
  7. Certainly enough to keep you busy. The social aspect of many of your activities is very important, that's something I try to keep in mind and push myself to do otherwise I'd be talking to myself all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely important, I agree, and becoming more so. I really never thought I would be a 'woman that lunches' but I'm really enjoying it. I enjoy reading about your various social occasions on your blog - what a full life! It's so interesting. xx

      Delete