Tuesday 12 September 2023

Tuesday, 12-08-23

Morning, everyone, and welcome.
Today is supposed to be the day the fine weather breaks.  I grabbed the BBC info picture thingy . . .


A bit blurry, sorry, but you get the overall effect.  However, we're not given to particularly dramatic weather round here so we will see.  I'll be happy with a bit of refreshing rain, to be honest.
Yesterday was really lovely.  Six or seven degrees cooler than the weekend and with a bit of a breeze.  More like that would be so good too - after the rain.
I can hope . . .

It was so good to get back to circuits yesterday.  There were seven of us there and it was such fun.  I went carefully, adapted some of the stuff, had a few twinges but all in all it was pretty good and it's fine this morning.  

Before then, I went next door and had a good old chat with Tracy.  It was really nice to start getting to know her and now it is my turn, if we can find a window in her busy life.

I did a bit of 'research' - in other words, looking for Autumny crochet things on YouTube.  I found more pumpkins, acorns, Autumn leaves . . . 
Look at these little beauties - I really want to make some.  Picture grabbed from YouTube.



It all looks good so I have plenty of enjoyable stuff to work on when I sit down.  The good thing about using YouTube is that you can see and hear what the crafter is doing as well as reading it (I use subtitles) which makes it much easier to understand and you can pick up interesting techniques and ways of doing stuff as well.
The worst bit is that some are American and the USA uses different terms for the stitches - no, not different terms, different stitches for the terms so, for example, a UK double crochet is not the same as a USA double crochet.  It makes skipping from UK to USA videos rather muddling at first.

So, as well as working on more blankety things to donate and making a jacket for little Bertie, I MUST make some Autumny things as well. 
No chance to get bored in my castle!

Today starts with Groove at the church hall.  The first in the block so we will all be falling over our feet (not literally, I hope) learning the new routines.  I wonder if we will have some new people along - that would be great.

A bit later on, my friend, Mel, is stopping off to deliver my Avon order and staying for lunch.  I'm really looking forward to that.

There's all the usual, do-it-every-day stuff and then I can relax and craft with a clear conscience.  I never used to be like that - time was when I ignored the tasks until they became major issues - well, not major but pressing, maybe.
I must be growing up.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.  xx


16 comments:

  1. Joy you are such a positive person. Your blog is a breath of fresh air every morning. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say - thank you so much, Jan.
      I've had the bad times, as everyone has, and am more than thankful that they are past and gone and that I worked on seeing the good things - it's not always that easy, is it, but I've found that the little things are the best (generally).
      I love my 'small' life.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jan. Maintaining a positive outlook isn't always easy but it is always worthwhile. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jan and I am so glad to be able to visit again.
    I find YouTube really good for inspiration and learning new skills and I shall look forward to seeing your new crafty Autumn display.
    It's raining here today but the garden is enjoying a good soak so I'm going to play in the greenhouse and keep dry today.
    Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent resource, isn't it. I am holding off looking for Christmas stuff while it's still early Autumn - carpe diem, as they say, at least as far as crochet it concerned. :-)
      No rain here - yet. It's pretty cloudy though so here's hoping.
      xx

      Delete
  4. How did we manage without YouTube, it can be a mine of useful information in learning how to do things can't it. As well as a good way to spend an hour over lunch catching up on what all your favourite YouTubers are getting up to.

    Those crocheted leaves would look lovely appliqued onto something or even on a cord as a tiny garland to decorate for the Autumn. I'm sure you could churn out a couple of dozen in an evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become very fond of YouTube, so much so that I pay each month to have it ad free. To me, it is worth it in spades.
      They weren't the simplest but I've written the instructions out in a notebook and they really are lovely.
      Mayking some sort of garland is a lovely idea, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Agree with all the above ........ also, I used to like a good flick through the Avon brochure, and most of it was nice quality - enjoy your haul x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still is. I'm quite looking forward to the Christmas brochures. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Guilt is a funny thing isn't it. I used to feel really guilty doing things I enjoy like crafting and was obsessed about getting everything else done before I gave myself permission to craft. Now I am not nearly so bad. I think it stemmed from 2 ex husbands who really resented me doing anything I enjoyed. Could be why they're exes! Thankfully that is not a problem anymore, my lovely husband encourages me all the time but sometimes I still feel guilty when there are some other things that should be done but we are not really up for doing so I punish myself by not crafting. I need to work on that! Always enjoy reading about all the things you make and my other blog friends too. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely man!! I'm sure he deserves you. xx

      Delete
  7. My absolute first 'go to' person for all things crochet is Lucy at Attic 24. She is brilliant and gives very clear instructions. Here is a link to some of her autumn patterns: https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/autumn-leaves-and-acorns.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely is that. Thank you so very much, Patricia, much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  8. I must have missed a blog. Where are you going on a cruise and when? Are you guys still getting Covid vaccines? We are to have the new one the middle of September hopefully. It is on the rise here again. I have never stopped masking...still hoping...enjoy your blog. brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over Christmas - and very excited about it as you can imagine.
      Yes, they will be rolling out the next round of vaccines in the near future. Not everyone is eligible for one on the NHS bit I think you can pay for one. It's the elderly and those who are 'vulnerable' because of medical conditions that get a NHS one - I will because of my age. :-)
      I gather there's a new variant around that is spreading. I guess we have to live with it, like flu.
      xx

      Delete