Tuesday 5 September 2023

Tuesday, 05-09-23

Good morning, everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

After changing the duvet to my winter weight one, summer has returned - of course.  It was quite a warm night but I slept comfortably on top until early morning when I snuggled under again and was perfectly comfortable.

Yesterday was gorgeous with wall to wall sunshine so I gave the tomatoes an extra drink which I hope they appreciated.  I also have three cucumbers in the offing; one might be ready tomorrow.  Lovely.

I had a lovely time at Diane's.  We sat in the garden and laughed and chatted our way through a big mug of coffee each while the painter got on with the hall.  Her home is lovely.  It used to be the old schoolhouse so it is pretty old and beautifully maintained, as is the garden.  Just the sort of thing I would look for, should I want to move (and won the lottery).  It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to sit out and relax.

Once home, I hung out the washing I had started earlier and then I bought a ticket!
If you remember, I booked two coach trips for this month.  One was to the World of Harry Potter which, very sadly, isn't happening as there wasn't enough interest and the other was to Windsor in a couple of weeks.  I've never been there before so am really looking forward to it, so yesterday, I went online and have booked a visit to Windsor Castle plus a guide book.  I'd like to have also booked a tour of the Great Kitchen but the only time available was too late to get back to the coach.
However, included in the standard ticket is a visit to Queen Mary's Dolls House and I am REALLY looking forward to that.
I will have some time left after the Castle visit and some lunch - what else is there in that part of Windsor to see/do - anyone got any ideas, please.  I'd like to make the most of my visit and I'm not sure there will be time for a river cruise - I don't want to feel rushed.  I gather there are bus rides around - are they good, do you know?
And if I really like it I can always come back again.

Thank you all for your kind comments about the current hexagonal throw I'm concocting.  I think I might be close to finishing it now, I just need to make some half hexagons and pointy bits to infill the edges to get them straight.  I have found some YouTube tutorials and will probably start on them today.  For sure, it will be ready before the colder weather starts. 

Today, I already have some washing in the machine which will be finished before I go out so I can get it all up on the line.
The biggie today is a drive over to north of Braintree to meet up and have lunch with Suze.  I'm really looking forward to this and to seeing her latest applique project.  We're meeting in a centre in a village that has antique shops, etc, as well as somewhere to eat, so it's going to be interesting as well as enjoyable.  Very exciting.

Once home again, there will be dry washing to bring in and iron ut I might wait until it cools off.  Apart from that, I have no other plans than to make dinner and chill in the garden over my hexagons!  😎

Hoping things went well for children/grandchildren starting back at school yesterday and that you also had a lovely time enjoying the current sunshine.  Stay well and have a great day!  xx

10 comments:

  1. I too am looking forward to catching up with you Joy and seeing your lovely crocheting. It seems a long time since Sharon's workshop!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I'm keeping my eyes open for the Christmas one, assuming she does one. I hope so. See you in about three and a half hours. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Be prepared for crowds in Windsor. I hope you manage to see the changing of the guard - just don't stand in the way for they will march straight through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - really. I must look that up and see where and when. It might clash with m castle thingy but I'll look and see. Many thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day out with your friend. This is my craft teaching day and it’s going to be very hot in the room we use! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew. Can you take fans with you?
      I hope it isn't too unbearable. xx

      Delete
  4. Pity the Harry Potter trip isn't going ahead, I'm sure that would have been good. When we lived in London we used to go to Windsor quite often, my Granddad used to take us. It's been a long time since I saw that Dolls House! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was disappointed but that's the way it goes. I am sure there will be another opportunity and, if not, I can make an opportunity. I'm sure it isn't going to close any time soon. :-)
      I love dolls houses.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like it will be a great day out in Windsor, somewhere I have never been ... you'll have to take lots of photos. :-)

    I debated whether to put my Winter duvet on the other day, now I'm glad I didn't, gosh it's been hot for the last couple of nights hasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I will take loads, I'm sure. Fingers crossed it isn't pouring with rain. :-)

      I think it's going to be an on top night again tonight. It's right hot at the moment.
      xx

      Delete