Saturday 30 September 2023

Saturday, 30-09-23

 Good morning everyone, and welcome to the last day of September.  It's looking promising outside so fingers crossed.  In fact, the coming week looks pretty nice according to the Beeb which would be great!

I was so pleased at Slimming World yesterday - I maintained which, at target weight, is just what I wanted to do.  I won't be there next week so I have a fortnight in which to continue consolidating things.  Also, I won a raffle.  It was the Slimmer of the Week hamper but they couldn't stay for the second part of the meeting and there were too many in 'second place' to split it so we said raffle it (there's always a raffle anyway so people already had tickets) and I won.  I was son pleased; lots of lovely oranges, easy peelers and apples and some cans of beans, tuna and pulses.  The cans are in the store cupboard now and I'll take the fruit with me to Center Parcs as we all love fruit.

After a nice walk home in the Autumn sunshine, I just sort of pottered, getting this, that and the other done and dusted and generally mopping up little tasks.  

Come the evening, I was so tired.  I have no idea why, it wasn't a particularly energetic sort of day, but by half seven I was fighting to stay awake, giving in just after eight.  I can't remember turning out the light but I must have done as I woke after four in darkness, feeling so much better.  A bit of reading before I got out of bed and now I'm down, still feeling great!.

Today, I might be going over to Beth's to pick up some washing.  She is up to her eyeballs in work and we're going away on Monday so I'd like to help - I'm just waiting for a reply from her.

Then this afternoon I'm off down to St Andrew's Hall (where we have Groove classes) for another of Sharon Blackman's hand applique workshops where I hope to meet up with Suze < waves to Suze > and a friend of hers.  The last one was very enjoyable so I'm really looking forward to it.

Then it will be home for Strictly (first elimination week) and then bed and that will be September done and dusted.  
Have a lovely day, everyone, enjoying the Autumnal sunshine.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Well done for winning the unexpected raffle yesterday. I too am looking forward to Sharon’s autumn workshop this afternoon. See you there.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And you know how to get there now. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on your raffle prize! It's always better when you win something useful.
    I can't wait to see the results of your afternoon workshop. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much better and this one was really good. xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on two counts - maintaining your target weight and winning the raffle - two nice things to buoy you up. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really did - I felt (and still feel) really cheered. xx

      Delete
  4. Love your blog. Love it. I am 76 today...live in Florida...moved here to be near family. Lived in Indy three years near family...have moved 31 times in my life...so easy..lived everywhere...I do not read many blogs anymore. Yours of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of moving about, isn't it? Do you think you'll ever move again now or are you settled for life?
      WIshing you a very happy birthday and hope that you had a wonderful day.
      xx

      Delete
  5. You sound super busy. I'm still reading all my favourite blogs ( yours included in that of course) but not always able to publish my comments. Maybe for Christmas I'll get a new i pad that won't play up so much - meanwhile it's hot and miss!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying when technology messes us about, isn't it? A new pad sounds pretty good to me. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hit even !
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > I'm glad other people do that too! xx

      Delete
  7. Hi..well done! A good end to the month for you! Looking forward to Strictly too…I’ve managed to persuade my other half to watch it with me…I bribed him with a supper plus dessert! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a bit of bribery now and again.
      It was good, wasn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  8. Well done you ... maintained and won the raffle, not a bad evening. :-)

    Today started off so promising, with sunshine at 7.30 and then the clouds rolled in, I managed a little bit of tidying in the garden before I realised I was just getting too wet. So now it's a leisurely mooch around blogland and Facebook for an hour, while I sit and gently dry off with a cup of coffee. I can't believe tomorrow will be October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but it really is. The year is whizzing by now after such a slow start. No rain here but it did get very cloudy after a while.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on maintaining and winning the raffle. Well done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. It felt really good. xx

      Delete