The drive over was good - a bit busy, I guess, but it's not tricky, the worst bit is Maldon/Heybridge and even then, as long as you know the road names, it's fine.
I arrived just in time for lunch which was an optional extra but, as I had early arrival, if was worth it. I had a very nice chicken Caesar salad (perfect amount, not too big as they usually are, and plenty of chicken) followed by lemon cheesecake (naughty but nice).
Then I was able to access my room.
A very nice bathroom . . .
. . . and a big, walk-in shower, too big to get it all in one photo.
As you can see, the colour scheme is neutral and restful.
There's a very pleasant view from the large picture window although that puddle is usually twice the size and depth. No balcony but I can turn the chair round to face the outside if I want.
So, I unpacked, made everything cosy and had a bit of a chill with a book before wandering to the Lake View Lounge which is pretty close to my bedroom . . .
It's become a bit of a tradition to have my favourite 'cocktail', a prosecco and campari, to start a Potters weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it before moving on to coffee.
And so the afternoon and evening passed.
Dinner was lovely. Potters doesn't do high cuisine but it has good, well cooked wholesome fare and the pate, roast pork with vegetables and mango sorbet, washed down with a glass of pinto grigio was lovely.
I went to the theatre for some singing and a quiz but I felt myself fading out so didn't stay for the show which was a shame but I was very weary. I'd like to say I slept like a log but - you know, first night in a different bed. I can take plenty of down time if I need it today.
So, on to today. At some point I would like to go to the spa for a swim and there's all sorts of stuff on offer. Taiso (Japanese inspired movement), some craft, yoga for beginners, Dancercise, a keypad quiz, some live music and so much more - and that's just the morning.
Obviously, I can't do it all so I will have to make choices. I'd love to do the dancercise and there's salsa and cha cha in the afternoon. I brought some fitness wear with me, thankfully.
And do I want to do Bingo? Maybe tomorrow? I don't know. This is where if I were with a friend, I'm sure we would do it together.
The evening show is a cabaret so that should be very pleasant indeed. If I'm still awake by then. 😉
Well, time to have a shower and get going. It's early but I don't want to rush at any point. Have a lovely day, everyone. xx







Have a nice break in Potters and I wish you sleeping as a log next night (I have also a lot of problems when not sleeping at home )
ReplyDelete