Friday 2 August 2019

Friday

Good morning. 
It's too dark to tell the weather at the moment but BBC says 'Light cloud and a gentle breeze' which is OK by me!  I thought yesterday was lovely with more sun than expected but some others said they felt it was quite humid.  Maybe it was but it didn't really register with me.

It felt like a busy day yesterday.  Beth and I went to the Writtle village fair and I came home with half a dozen eggs, some green beans and two hand made cards which I will take to France for Suzanne and Viviane (her cousin, at whose estate we are staying).  I've also bought some nice fudge which Suzanne says Viviane loves.
After that we went into town and it brough home to me how little I have used the car to get into town recently.  The car park has become a pay and display at some point which, I have to say, is a decided improvement.  There used to be hold ups to get in, holdups to pay at the end and holdups, sometimes, to get out again.  On the other hand, to get in there had to be a space for you, somewhere.
Loads of spaces yesterday however.

Beth did her banking stuff first which is why she needed to go.  Then we located the row of phone shops, took a deep breath, chose one and went in.

They really were extremely helpful, spent over an hour going through everything for an ignorant beginner and getting the thing set up and ready to use.  Full marks!
Interestingly, it was part of a 'bundle' that included a tablet.  Nothing like an iPad but I've been musing on getting one for absolutely ages (since before I retired) so I went for it and need to pop into town on Monday to pick it up.  They will spend time talking me through that as well, so I know how to use it.
I was expecting it to cost an awful lot more than it did.  I'm not saying how much it is but, to my ignorant and inexperienced mind, it seems remarkably little really.

Then we went home, I dropped Beth off first and then settled down to work it all out, remember what I had been told and download some apps (is that the right phrase?).  I've now got the fitbit app and it has reset to the right date and time which is nice.  I've got Google, Blogger and Facebook on it, alerted all my old phone contacts of the change of number and entered the details into the new phone, sending a few messages as I did so!

By then my brain was hurting!

At SW group, I was delighted to have lost six pounds.  Now, as I have said on t'other blog, I haven't really; last week's reading was definitely distorted by fluid retention in the extreme heat, but it was a huge relief and I was so happy!

Today there's nothing in the diary until I set off to Dad's.  I have to tidy up for the cleaners, pack for the weekend, pick some runner beans to take with me and carry on with packing for France.  It feels like I have piles of clothes all over my bedroom.  I don't really but, compared to how it was, it's cluttered.  So, really, an easy day.  I don't even have to cook dinner for Dad - we're going to the Millstream this evening.

I also have to work out how to take a scheen shot on the phone and how to move a photo into here from the phone.  Also, can I upload phone photos onto my PC.  I bet I can, I just have to learn how.
My brain may ache again!  :-)

Have a great day.  xx


5 comments:

  1. Morning, Joy. Well done on the phone, I just can't be bothered with more than a SIM only for calls and texts, my Kindle and our laptop. Everything's great until it goes wrong. Then there's the mobile phone graveyard waiting to be dealt with, all too old to sell. I'm on Facebook and like to post SW food and my garden photos and a smart phone is tempting for that but I'm still holding it at bay. Well done for the 6 lbs too. Just hopping over to your other blog to read about that x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,. Lyn. Well, at the momwent it's doing my brain in. It all seems very confusing and complicated.
      I can't work out how to get photos of the phone and onto my PC, nor can I work out how to put them in here. I'm not terribly good at it really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss ... heading in the right direction again!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend with your Dad, and a wonderful holiday too. I'm not sure when your adventure starts but it must be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks - yes, it's the direction that matters really.
    The adventire starts on Tuesday.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm sure you're feeling relieved. Have a wonderful weekend with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete