Thursday 8 August 2019

Still here

Morning, everyone.

There are times when I love that I wake really early. I enjoy the sense of cosiness in the darker months when it's cold and maybe blowing a gale outside.  I love watching dawn break and the sun coming up in summer.

However, there are times when sleeping a bit longer would be nice, especially right now. We were late to eat and to bed here in this Travelodge and I woke bang on four thirty, despite a very comfortable bed and air conditioning.  A shame because I reckon it is going to be a long and tiresome day today and we still don't definitely know whether we will actually be flying out this evening.  Fingers are definitely crossed.

I am looking forward to breakfast though.  The last time I was able to have an 'unlimited' breakfast was between the gallbladder crash and the operation and I couldn't indulge.

And I am so glad I am with a very experienced traveller who knows what's what.  Yesterday was extremely frustrating and wearing for Suzanne, much more so than for me, and I do hope she slept well (and still is).

Hope your day is good.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Best of luck traveling is very tiring and even if a flight is for one hour it still take all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. We really didn't expect it to take two days though.
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh heck, are you caught in the BA IT problems? Hope they get it sorted so you can fly today. I'll cross fingers for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid so, Sue. Twice, in fact, because our flight was cancelled and the alternative flight they booked us on was also cancelled. Hoping for better luck today and thanks. 🙂 xx

      Delete
  3. I really hope (after a hearty breakfast) the day passes swiftly and you'll be on your way this evening. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast and fingers and toes, claws and paws firmly crossed that you will be able to fly today, hopefully to the original destination too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I hope you enjoy your breakfast to make up for the delay. I do hope you get to fly out today although it sounds like it's going to be a long, uncertain day of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. BA and their IT problems. Not the first time, not likely to be the last until they prioritize the necessary fixes--one being that they outsourced much of their IT work and they clearly need to rethink that contract. I surely hope you are able to get out today. An FYI-BA should also reimburse you for things you might need to purchase while your luggage is out of reach--like a change of clothes. Hope you make it to your destination today. Otherwise, you will need a holiday to recover from your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope you get to fly out today, as promised. If not, sitting around all day just waiting at Heathrow or in a Travelodge is not really anyone's idea of a fun time, is it?! Unless you're a plane spotter, I suppose. At least you have company, would be even more boring by yourself. Thinking of you, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your travels can get underway very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your lovely breakfast, hope it's leisurely and delicious.

    Don't Forget to pack all chargers and cords....I Have a very bright pink zip pouch for mine placed on the bedside table so I dont forget to pack it .
    Safe travels, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone. They managed to get my luggage onto the right flight but poor Suzanne's didn't and they funallt delivered it to Trados on Saturday morning. She was pretty positive about it and said that at least she got some free clothes out of the experience.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete