Wednesday 28 August 2019

Wednesday: 73 things about me

. . . well, not actually 73 because I can't answer some of the questions.
I saw this on Cass' blog, Diary of a Frugal Family, and thought I'd do one too and post it today.


1. What is your usual Starbuck’s order?
I don't frequent Starbucks. Shockingly expensive, packed with calories and I bet I can make a nicer black coffee at home anyway!

2. What does your workstation look like right now?
er . . . Just don't ask, OK. Let's just say 'cluttered'.

3. All-time favourite food?
Anyone who reads this blog regularly or my other one, Frugal Food on Slimming World, will know that I just like food. All sorts of foods. I honestly don't have a favourite although I would go for savoury rather than sweet and much prefer home cooked food.

4. Favourite author?
I think it has to be Miss Read, author of the Village School and Thrush Green series of books. I love her pithy comments, dry wit and perceptive view of everyday life and her characterisation is great.

5. What do you think of open relationships?
Not for me, thanks but whatever rocks your boat, I suppose.

6. Favourite video game?
I don't, really, although I go onto http://dkmgames.com every day to play sudoku and patience. It wakes me up each morning!

7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Eating meals while watching telly!

8. Favourite film?
I think it has to be West Side Story. It may be old now but it is still fantastic. I also love a little old film that appears on telly now and again called 'Batteries Not Included'.

9. Favourite book?
So many, I really can't say, sorry.

10. Twitter or Instagram?
Neither. Facebook, now, that's a different matter!

11. Desktop or laptop?
Desktop

12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Always look on the bright side of life.
and
(try to) love your neighbour as you love yourself - which, to me, also means if you want to be nice to others, you also need to be nice to yourself.

13. What project are you working on right now?
Nothing really although with Christmas starting to appear at the end of the tunnel, I ought to get my thinking hat on.

14. Favourite colour?
Blue in all its varying shades.

15. Did you get good grades at school?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - er, nope. Mostly I did what was necessary, sometimes not even that. I didn't meet my potential in any way until I moved schools just before O levels started and was captured by music. Then I worked, oh, how I worked.
Generally, I got what I needed to do what I wanted.

16. Dream job?
Teaching. It always was teaching and I consider I have been so, so lucky to have had a lifetime of it. 

17. Played any sports?
Not competitive sport, I'm not in the least way inclined to competition, but I like swimming and walking and (don't laugh now), I have booked five sessions with a local personal trainer during September.
I suppose you could say I compete against myself.

18. Do you have a degree?
No, I didn't need a degree to go into primary teaching in the olden days, just a Cert. Ed. I did some OU study as some of you know, but it interfered with my teaching and, although I enjoyed what I did, it never got me anywhere. Now it is so expensive and I really can't be bothered.

19. Nationality?
British but I'd rather be called a citizen of the world

20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
The ones where the ideas just flow. 

21. What do you like to collect?
Recipes.

22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
One will do. Pollyanna! 

23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
I know nothing about rapping so really couldn't say.

24. Who was the last person you dmed?
What is dming???

25. What’s on the top of your wishlist right now?
This made me think - I don't believe I have a wishlist for myself right now but I have wishes for those I love. No, I'm not saying what, that wouldn't be right at all.

26. Hogwarts House?
Gryffindor, of course.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;

I can wish, can't I?

27. How many tattoos do you have?
None. Don't like them and have never been tempted.

28. What are you most grateful for this year?
My family and the love and support we give and take from each other!

29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I had a lovely holiday and my weight started dropping below what it was before Mum was so poorly and died. I gained more than I wanted to then and it's been rather yo-yo-ish ever since, but it seems to be on the way once more.

30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I strained the blackberry vinegar I was making and it is amazing!  Also I finished making some creme fraiche and that is also gorgeous.  I won't be buying creme fraiche again unless for an emergency.

31. What’s the best thing ever?
Love

32. Favourite season?
All of them in their different ways. Spring because life comes back to everything and the days get longer, Summer for the sunshine, the rain and the garden, Autumn for the wonderful colours and the nights gradually closing in making me feel safe and warm and Winter for Christmas, snow and frosty mornings..

33. Favourite holiday?
Holidays - the first day of every school holiday still sends a shiver of excitement and freedom through me.
Festivals/Celebrations - it has to be Christmas really.

34. Which fictional character do you relate to most?
What a question! I have no idea. Maybe Miss Read or maybe Professor McGonnegall

35. Do you like surprises?
Nice little ones, yes, although generally I prefer to be prepared.

36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
Being asked to take on the 'head of key stage 1' role at school. It came totally out of the blue.  Oh, and my first OFSTED 'outstanding' grade.

37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry?
Both of the above, silly me!

38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
I have no idea, sorry.

39. Do you like muffins?
They're OK, I suppose, but not my favourite thing. I can take them or leave them.

40. Do you cook often?
Oh, yes! For sure.  Almost always.

41. What’s your favourite dessert?
A really fresh fruit salad with my own natural yogurt on top. I know that sounds naff but I really do love it.
And lemony things.

42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything too sickly and sweet 
 
43. Cake or pie?
Fresh fruit, please.

44. What’s your least favourite food?
Pickled onions and most shellfish
I'd not have frogs legs or snails either.  Urgh.

45. What’s your favourite condiment?
To quote Delia, freshly milled black pepper (although home made mayo is lovely as well).

46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I can't see myself being awake from the night before.  If it was an early start to the next day, an apple or orange and a coffee.

47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Slimming World friendly recipes!

48. Best animated film?
It has to be Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.  It was just so revolutionary and amazing for its time.

49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
er - well, I do remember my central heating system was making a really scary noise (it was when the children were young) and I was afraid it might blow up and my general builder cum workman came round at half past ten on a Sunday night to sort it out, bless him.

50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Just a meal out, equal shares, and a good chat.  Nothing else.

51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Anything that would make either of us feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl?
Nothing - they're generally not that funny, just sexist.

53. Best comic book character?
Dennis the Menace!  Every time.

54. What are the three things that are always in your bag?
There's more than three but they include my purse, my hearing aid control and my keys.

55. Favourite drink?
Sparkling or 'still' dry white.  Or campari - I adore campari.  Plain water is best for thirst though.

56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
As long as it was only acting, someone 'worthy', I suppose.  Not for real though; even the most important women in history generally had incredibly difficult lives with all the sexism that surrounded them.

57. Kittens or puppies?
No thanks.

58. Favourite sushi roll?

No thanks.

59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
No thanks.

60. What kind of foundation do you use?
No thanks.
(one of these day I might grow up and start using make up!)

61. Blow-dry or air dry?
It has to be blowdry.  To see my hair after it's been air dried is enough to give you heart failure

62. Who is your fashion icon?
There's some very girly quesions in this, isn't there?  I don't have one.

63. Favourite Disney character?
Some of the most recent 'princesses' have been great.  Elsa, Anna, Moana . . .

64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Alex is coming round for lunch and has asked for a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.

65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
There have been some but I honestly can't remember what.

66. Movie that made you cry?
West Side Story.  It still does.

67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
Aled Jones.  Because I think he would be nice enough not to either laugh or wince at my terrible pitch until after I'd gone.

68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Bridge over troubled water.

69. What’s your favourite animal?
Horse - at a distance.

70. Favourite illustrator?
There's some great childrens' illustrators out there; I honestly couldn't choose.

71. The person you want to have coffee with?
I suppose this means someone famous.  er . . . I think Sandi Toskvig would be fascinating to listen to.

72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
Somewhere Asian, I think.  Or Italy - for the culture.

73. Best way to decompress?
I guess this means unwind.  Sitting with a good book or a magazine and with nothing outstanding to get done.  Or watching something that makes me laugh a lot - Have I got New For You, QI or Would I lie To You would work.

I'm not tagging anyone to do this but if you want to, please feel free to copy, paste and edit.
It takes longer than you'd think though.


Have a great day.  It'll be back to normal tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Goodness what a lot of questions. I wouldn't be able to answer several either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise how long it would take until about a third of the way through and by then I thought 'may as well finish it'! :-)
      xx

      Delete


    2. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of information. It must have taken you ages. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a while but I actually rather emjoyed doing it. Some bits made me think. xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this, I've just posted my version. I enjoyed reading through your answers and we are similar on several of the questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall enjoy reading your responses. I think we do think alike on a number of things, from what I've seen in your posts.
      Popping over there now. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I would copy and paste but as 90% would read the same as yours it doesn't seem worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Probably not then. I wonder where we differ.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wow ... I can only imagine how long that must have taken you!! Good answers though 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) It did take a time. Thanks, I'm glad you found it interesting.

      Delete
  6. This was a fun post to read. I didn't know one would make creme fraiche, so I will have to Google that.

    I did one of these posts too, and answering random questions can almost be addictive, can't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can be, occasionally. :-)
      I've found your blog - nice one.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I want to let the world know about Dr Aire herbal cure is 100% Guarantee percent sure to cure your HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS ,He is only person that i can boldly say he can cure any types of Disease.i was having HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS for more than 8 year when i meant Dr Aire online on how he has cured so many people and how greatly he has helped many individuals online,so i contacted him and explained my situation to him and behold i was cure with his herbal medicine and now am living happily, so to anyone issue on herpes challenges i advised that you contact drairehome@gmail.com he can also cure any disease such as HIV/AIDS HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HERPES He can also bring back your ex back,He is the great herbalist man called Dr.Aire i must say a big thanks for curing my Herpes Disease, i own you in return. Thanks and be blessed sir.his Mobile number+2347036740271

    ReplyDelete