Sunday 18 August 2019

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday turned out to be very pleasant, despite a short rain shower in the morning.  It wasn't all that warm but we had cheering sunshine for most of the day.  It looks pretty good for today as well - bright and sunny although hardly reaching 20C here.

As expected, it was a lazy day.  A very lazy day, in fact.  I cooked and cleared a bit but mostly I read and chatted with Dad.

He's in the process of writing out a bit of family history.  Several years ago Mum wrote about her childhood and Dad's doing something similar, planning to combine the two into something just for the family to read and enjoy.
Yesterday, I read through Mum's narrative to check for any repetitions and typos.  It was lovely and chatty, just like Mum was.

Then Dad showed me some of the photos he has been sorting out to include.  That was a bit emotional at times but a truly lovely time.  He also had photos of his time in the RAF at Biggin Hill after the war and I'm encouraging him to get that recorded too as he has such interesting stories to tell.

Today will be more of the same, I think.  While Dad's at church, I will see if there are any runner beans to pick and, if there are, I will prep them and get them into the freezer for him.  I also need to do my meal planning for the week;  I've got a bit out of routine with this and need to get back into a pattern again.  There's two weeks until the end of the month and in that time I'd really like to get as close as possible to single digit stones weight!

Beth has been away for the weekend and is going to pop into Dad's on the way home for dinner so that will be lovely.

So - an ordinary day doing nice, familiar, ordinary things with a treat at the end.  What more can one ask for?
I hope your day is as pleasant as mine looks like being.  xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh envey envey no runner beans here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be summer without runner beans! They're lovely. xx

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that your Mum recorded her memories and that your Dad is doing the same ... a fantastic treasure for your family. Have you thought about writing down your own stories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. It doesn't appeal much and anyway, I have this blog. Perhaps I ought to think about it, although my early memories are very hazy and patchy.
      xx

      Delete