Tuesday 27 August 2019

Tuesday

Morning, everyone!  What a scorcher it was yesterday!   Wall to wall sunshine and vividly clear blue skies, a decided lack of humidity (thank goodness) and temperatures in the low thirties.  Phew!  Today is predicted to be more of the same so I am very glad the only thing in the diary is some tuition at nine.

After popping to the shop in the morning yesterday, I was able to chill in the warmth (if that makes any sense at all) until it was time to go over to Julia's.  I had intended to walk but that would not have been sensible.  Mad dogs and Englishmen, as the song goes, and even though it wasn't the midday sun, no thanks.

What a feast Julia had provided.  I'm afraid Slimming World took rather a back seat although I did try to be moderate.  Sandwiches, nibbles, spicy little things in filo and then strawberries, clotted cream and scones.  We ate outside under a big sunshade and it was delightful.

It was quite a hot night at first so I haven't slept all that well but, dear me, with very little in the diary, that doesn't matter all that much.

I think today will be an easy, gentle, don't move too much kind of day.  I might change the bedding as it's going to be a good drying day, for sure, and I will definitely give the plants a good drink both morning and evening.

Following Diane's instructions, I have been making some creme fraiche.  I bought a small carton of double cream and used about half with a dollop of my natural yogurt, mixed up and just left it out in a container.  I started it on Sunday and this morning it is lovely and thick and with a definite tang about it.  It's rather nice but, I think, not quite ready.  I am assuming that when it is ready it goes in the fridge.

The chillies are popping out all over, there are runners and tomatoes to pick and another cucumber is ready.  There's also raspberries and a few pink blueberries, so I need to spend a bit of time out there a-picking!  Now, where's my sun hat?

Take care today and drink plenty of water!  My bottle is already in the fridge!  I hope it is a good one for us all.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to chill in the warmth too! after I've put some more sweetcorn in the freezer. Thought about washing the car, but that will wait til the end of the week.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think that is very wise. It's going to be too hot for that sort of thing unless you intend spraying the cold water over yourself as well. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. This weather is lovely and it sounds like you had an enjoyable afternoon yesterday. I expect you weren't initially expecting to be sitting outdoors. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did wonder if it might be too hot but it wasn't, not under a shade. And later on there was a refreshing breeze too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's warm, not hot, here and we have rain! I hope you're having better weather than us. I've been shopping and am now pottering in the kitchen waiting for my nephew's wife and children to visit for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hot again here but not humid, which is great. It's supposed to be much cooler tomorrow, down to the middle 20s which will be lovely, I think.
      Have a super time with your family.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Our temperatures the last few days have been in the mid-70's here which I think is about 24 degrees for you. The nights are really cooling off nicely for sleeping. Just perfect weather. Hope you cool off soon!

    ReplyDelete