Friday 16 August 2019

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It's rather dull this morning but I'm grateful that it is not actually raining (yet).  Yesterday was a great drying day with a stiff breeze as well as sunshine.

I got myself into town, had  quick look in M&S and then walked over the road to Debenhams.  Nothing there.  So I went on to John Lewis and there was quite a choice.  I finally decided to go simple with plain white bone china, tiny and just like a doll's tea set!.
Here's a photo, copied from their site.  Sorry it's so white!

Then I looked around and a small espresso coffee makes (an 'on the hob' one) somehow jumped off the shelf into my hand.  Funny, that!

On the way back to the bus, I passed the perfume shop and, remembering that I am just out of one of my favourite perfumes, bought another bottle.  Not cheap but it lasts ages.  It is, appropriately, called 'Joy'.

When I got home, I looked up on a china search site and found a couple of small coffee cups that go with my old 'occasional' set of bits and bobs from Royal Doulton's 'Belinda' range so ordered a couple.  The saucers are the same as the tea cup saucers and I have a few so didn't need saucers.

So that's me all set for months and years of good coffee when I feel like it!  I suppose the next step is to grind my own beans!  :-)

SW grouip was very exciting.  I had gained just half a pound in a fortnight so I was really happy with that.  And then the group voted me 'Woman of the Year' which was lovely although I reckon Sue and Mel, the other nominated people, deserved it just as much as I did.
So now I have a shiny sticker, a certificate and a banner thingy, all on my fridge door.



Today I have to do a lot of tidying up so that the cleaners can do their job.  I don't feel much like it, having had an upset tum overnight, but needs must.
Later on, I'm off up to Dad's so that will be very nice indeed.
It should be a good day and I hope yours is too!  xx

6 comments:

  1. Plain white china looks so nice - think it's the simplicity of it - and the bonus is pieces can be replaced easily if they get broken. We have blue Willow pattern china, I have loads of it - I pick it up very cheaply from car boot sales and charity shops! Hope your upset tum gets better soon, especially as you're off to Dad's. We have a family wedding this afternoon....sadly, it's forecast to be chucking it down with strong gusty winds :( Ah well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I di like plain white, especially the finer stuff. However, willow pattern blue is gorgeous. It must be such a pleasure to eat off it.
      Fingers crossed the rain stays away until after thw wedding. Have a wonderful time.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for winning Woman of the Year at Slimming World. I finally joined on Monday (after hardly being able to move due to a cruciate ligament injury) and so far so good. Will be trying out lots of your recipes starting with the waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and I hope you love them as much as I do. I also hope the injury doesn't give you any more problems whatsoever. Good luck with it all.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Once you start grinding your own beans you'll never go back!
    Congratulations on 'Woman of the Year.' It's well desereved and I love the banner. Is that an Adipose on your fridge?
    Hope you feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - that's what I'm afraid of!
      Thanks and, yes, it is an Adipose. It reminds me.
      xx

      Delete