Monday 26 August 2019

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  It was a scorcher yesterday and it looks as if today will follow suit.  Some of the plants looked a bit sad so I set to and gave the roots a good soaking which seems to have perked them up a bit.

After that busy start to the day, I made the double batch of pancakes and was so glad I did because at about eleven thirty there was a knock on the door and there was my friend, Jackie, who has been passing and thought she'd pop in on the off chance.
So she stayed for lunch and we had pancakes with fruit and yogurt and very nice it was too, really tasty. 
We had such a lovely chat; it really made my day.  We talked about some outings together, maybe to an opera, and also the possibility of some time away next year, maybe to Italy which Jackie loves and to where I have never been.  Early days, I know, but wouldn't that be nice?

It was so hot in the afternoon that, after soaking the plant roots, I pretty much stayed in the shade and chilled in front of a fan.  By bedtime, it had cooled off enough to be comfortable, another reminder that autumn is definitely on its way now, and I slept like a log again.  I'm still waking between five and six but that's normal for me.

Today is an ordinary day - that is to say, just gentle and pleasant - until this afternoon when we're having one of our girls' get togethers, this time at Julia's home as we're having afternoon tea to celebrate her birthday.  It was actually a few weeks ago but none of us was available then.  It makes food planning for the day rather complicated, but should be OK and I'm very much looking forward to catching up with the girls.

The other thing I have to do is a bit of planning as I have my eleven plusser for a session tomorrow morning.

And that's about it really.  Maybe I can snooze in the garden before it gets too hot; I have some magazines to catchy up on.  Also, I do need to pop to Morrisons at some point this morning, before it gets too warm.
Do you have any special Bank Holiday plans?  Have a great day, whatever the diary promises, and stay cool.  xx


6 comments:

  1. The weather has been beautiful over the weekend and I hope it continues a little longer.
    We're having pancakes for breakfast today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious!
      BBC says it should last a few more days so fingers crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It def. has been a scorcher. I am on holiday next week and hoping the rain will stay off, don't want it to be scorching either. Have a good qay, its nice to chill out and be lazy. I wish i could snooze in my garden but the new neighbour with the horrid sausage dog won't shut up, its a nuisance. Pancakes sound lovely, but we have a load of tomatoes to get through as you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make savoury pancakes and have the tomatoes roasted on top - I bet that would be gorgeous. :-)
      Your tomatoes look wonderful.
      xx

      Delete
  3. A bit late in the day but hope you've enjoyed the Bank Holiday. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very pleasant, thank you. Are you feeling better now - I do hope so.
      xx

      Delete