Sunday 4 August 2019

Sunday

Good news - Dave is out of hospital.  He came out yesterday and is now at mine for a few reasons, the main one being Anna's brother is staying until tomorrow and they only have one loo.  The loo still figures strongly in my poor son's life.  So Dave is at mine and will stay overnight.  There will be a lot of handwashing and disinfectanting going on, I suspect!
I gather he is not contagious any more, just his poo so we should manage OK with careful hygiene.

Let's raise the tone now.
Yesterday's first runner beans of the year were absolutely delicious, teamed with a yellow courgette from Dad's garden, some Jersey royals and a lamb leg steak.  Hopefully there will be more for this evening or, perhaps, tomorrow when I get home.  Plus tomatoes and a cucumber!  Fingers crossed.

Apart from cooking the dinner, it felt like the rest of yesterday was spent struggling to understand the phone.  I'll get there!

Today, Dad is off to church and I'm going to stay behind and get 'my' bedroom ready for my brother and his partner as they are coming next weekend.  Then I will start the midday meal which will be the main meal as I'm off home afterwards.

When I get home, it will be a whirl of activity what with packing, getting the house sorted for the sitter, garden, washing, etc.  Oh, and some tuition tomorrow morning!  I must be bonkers!

Actually, it's not that bad and, as long as I stick to my list, it shouldn't be all that frantic.  Plenty of time to catch up on some recorded telly. 

I think I need a coffee so I will sign off before popping down and making one.  Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to know Dave has been 'released,' although I expect it will be a while until he feels 100%.
    You've a busy couple of days ahead but stick to your list and you will be fine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is probably very run down and will need building up again. Good food and rest should help considerably and time will do the rest. Salmonella is horrible
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to here Dave is on the mend. Oh how I wish I had runner beans this is the first year I havent grown any and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would miss them too. There's just no substitute.

      Diane, do you know how to get photos onto a post using a phone, please? It's not an iphone. xx

      Delete