Wednesday 14 August 2019

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  The holiday is over and I'm back in the good old UK again.
I'll be driving back around the M25 (shudder) after breakfast, probably in the rain, assuming the weather forecast is correct.  Yuck.  It'll be so lovely to be home again though.  I like being away and I like coming home again.

Beth tells me she has been picking tomatoes every day so I'm anticipating a tomato laden diet over the next few weeks which should be great.

The journey home yesterday was great, in huge contrast to a week ago.  Suzanne had booked business class (using air miles) and what a difference.  I may never travel like that again as normally it is jolly expensive but it's nice to have had the experience.  We arrived good and early at Toulouse airport and relaxed in the lounge, enjoying a range of things on the breakfast buffet and reading the papers.  Once on the plane, we had what I thought was quite a nice lunch.  I had smoked chicken salad with a tomato and mozzarella salad starter, a sort of lemony dessert and a little bottle of white wine to wash it down.

It was nice to understand what the airport officials were saying without need to say apologetically "je suis Englaise" in apologetic tones.  I have to say, everyone was very nice about translating and speaking so I could understand.  I do have a bit of basic French but between fast French and my hearing loss,  I understood embarrassingly little.

Today, after driving home, I will unpack and start on the load of washing.  While that's doing, I have to do a bit of shopping after I've made a list and I'm looking forward to uploading and editing some of the many photos I've taken.

Also, I have a fair old bit of recorded telly to watch while I start in on the ironing this evening.

Back to earth with a bump again. 😉

6 comments:

  1. It is quite amazing how quickly the holiday feeling disappears but it sounds as if you h ad a good time .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time, thanks Diane. It's also lovely to be home again. Win-win!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, hope your journey home is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awful driving conditions and visibility but actually no idiotic driving and only hold ups at the Dartfrod crossing. SO it was a bit wearing in places but OK really.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos ... no pressure 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've uploaded them and now have to plough through them all, cropping, etc . . .
      xx

      Delete