Sunday 25 August 2019

Sunday

Good morning !  I feel energetic this morning and have been buzzing around like a bumblebee!  I've watered the garden, sorted out the kitchen, set some yogurt a-making and made up a double portion of banana oat pancake batter.  It feels great!

Yesterday I got into town. 
I decided to take my pink bag with me (I was having a very pink day) so moved stuff across before setting out for the but.  Just as I got to the zebra crossing, I remembered I hadn't moved my bus pass across so, muttering something fairly unladylike, I turned round and walked home again, decided to get the next but instead - there's only twenty minutes between buses.
Setting out again, when I got to the bus stop there were two 56 buses there.  The one I had intended to catch had developed a problem so even if I'd remembered my bus pass, I wouldn't have taken that bus anyway.  It certainly upped my steps for the day too!

I had fun in town.  It's not a huge market, just half a dozen or so stalls, so doesn't take long to get round.
Firstly I looked at the spice mixes and I know what I said but I bought a dahl curry spice mix because I decided to make it up for the evening meal.
I stopped off at the fruit and veg stall to get a ripe melon (must plan it in today) and a few Victoria plums, just to see what they were like, plus a sweet potato for when Alex comes over for lunch and a punnet of strawberries.  Then I was sorely tempted at the bread stall but managed to contain myself to one wholemeal sourdough loaf (which is now sliced and in the freezer).  Finally, on the fish stall, there were some sides of salmon so I got one and that is now cut into portions and frozen.
I thought there was a meat and cheese stall but maybe I was confusing it with somewhere else.

Once home, I dealt with everything before starting some washing.  By the end of the day it was three loads washed, dried and ironed.
I made up the curry (which was to go with a chicken and veg jalfrezi I had already made - nice to have a bit of variation) and now there are several portions in the freezer.  I used a few of my little chillies from the garden and they do have some ooomph but not too ouchingly so.

So really, just a rather ordinary day, better in the living than the describing.

Today is more of the same, I guess.  The forecast is good so a good excuse for reading, relaxing and generally being extremely lazy.  Such a hard life!
I hope yours is hard in that way too!  xx

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day to me! I admire how you plan out your meals. Is that part of the SW plan? We seem to eat the same things over and over and it can get a bit boring. I have to please not only myself with food but my husband, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan my meals pretty carefully and they conform (mostly) to the Slimming World outline. There's a good deal of flexibility in Slimming World, especially if you like cooking from scratch as I do, so that means it generally works really well for me. It does help that I only have to consider myself; I do think that makes it easier.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you took full advantage of the stalls in the market! Our small town has just started a little Farmers' Market on Tuesday evenings, but unfortunately it's the only night of the week that I'm busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will be very popular and spread to another evening too. How frustrating.
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely busy day its very satisfying when you get so much done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasant day, thanks, Diane. xx

      Delete