Thursday 26 October 2023

Thursday, 26-10-23

Morning, everyone.

Usually, by now, Christmas has started.   I would have made the Christmas cake and I would be starting to 'stress' about food. 
This year, I celebrated Mum's birthday with a trip to Ely instead of making the Christmas cake and I have noticed with surprise and quite a lot of pleasure that all those lavish looking festive treats and goodies are not working any magic in my being whatsoever.  Not yet, anyway.
Money not spent is a bit of pay back for the cost of the cruise.
(we won't talk about the clothes, OK?)

On the other hand, after a lovely time watching Prince of Egypt at the Everyman Cinema (what a super place), Beth and I wandered over the road to John Lewis and invaded the Jo Malone section.  It's Beth's birthday today and I had said I would get her some.  After a great time sniffing and spraying on card (which are now in my undies drawer to make my wee smalls fragrant) she went home with a couple of different ones for her birthday and we both bought a limited edition box, out for Christmas, of five different colognes - Beth bought hers - I wasn't that generous.


Such lovely scents but ouchy ouch!  That's my cruise scents bought (my excuse and I'm sticking to it, OK?) and at least I should smell nice.  The orange bitters one is absolutely gorgeous.

Today, I have cleared the diary as I have no idea what's going to happen except that they will arrive at around eight.  I'll find out soon enough, won't I?
Right now, it is just starting to lighten a bit but it's also raining which will probably put the clappers on any outside work.  It is what it is.
Feeling a bit nervous so fingers crossed that all goes well. 

Hoping your day goes really well and you achieve what you want or need to achieve today. xx

18 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your visit to the cinema. I thought about you when we came out from watching our film. So you will smell lovely on your cruise and will be able to avoid the 'duty free' shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind, thanks. I hope you enjoyed your film too. I never thought of duty free but I won't need any more perfume (well, cologne really) for months and months. MInd you, does anyone actually NEED perfume? :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have you got the kettle on ready for the workmen ? Hope it goes well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, and two plastic containers filled with biscuits. They've already had their first and I'll give it another half an hour before boiling the kettle again. I feel so sorry for them taking the shed apart in this miserable weather.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I wonder how they come up with the 'flavours' when they're making perfume? For years and years I kept the large bottle of Chanel No. 5 I was very generously given by my aunt and uncle for my 21st birthday. There was only a dribble left in it eventually (and it had turned a very much darker colour) but it still smelt lovely. The Orange Bitters one does sound lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel no. 5 is my absolute favourite. I've just finished my last bottle and will get some more but maybe not this month!
      My other favourite is Joy (most appropriately) but I have plenty of that still.
      And then some of the molto cheapo Aldi dupes are quite nice too.
      Oh, I'm not going short, am I? < grin >
      Yes, the orange bitters is my sort of scent - it is a limited edition for Christmas, sadly. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely time. We went to Chelmsford a few weekends ago, I walked miles from the multi story car park, I'd forgotten how far it was to M&S Maybe it seemed far cause I'm years older!! Love those perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is easy to forget. It's not that for but it's certainly not very close. At least one can walk through High Chelmer precinct. It's a good M&S, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  5. I think I need a perfume sniffing session. I used to love Chanel Mademoiselle but it doesn't smell nice on me now. I bought Chanel Chance but it just doesn't last very long. The aldi mocks are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I find they don't last as long on the skin but, given the price difference, I have no complaints about that.
      I wonder if they will bring out and orange bitters dupe.

      Enjoy your sniffing session, when you have it. xx

      Delete
  6. Wishing a very Happy Birthday to Beth.
    Hope the work is going well outside. Feel sorry for the guys outside but at least you can keep them supplied with hot drinks. Stay warm and cosy inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're going great guns at it. They are now adding to the concrete base to make it big enough - the sun came out earlier and it's still dry now although it's surprising how the light starts to go so early at the moment - and more so next Sunday of course.. I know things can slow down later in the project but no complaints so far. I'll give them another half hour and then feed and water them again. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Perfume testing - lovely!
    How long is the work scheduled to last? I hope the rain stops soon. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thanks, Janice, and we have had some sunshine too which made it all much nicer.
      Seth said about a fortnight but we will see. I'm taking plenty of photos. xx

      Delete
  8. All those gorgeous aromas, such a treat. I'm the same as Sooze - I've got a minute bit of Chanel 5 in the bottom of a bottle that I'm eking out! The Lidl spray Madame Glamour is lovely x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, is it? I don't go to Lidl much although we do have one. Maybe I ought to take a detour. :-) xx

      Delete
  9. My day is going well. Lots of little things done as it is cold and icy outside. I also got a call from the Endodontist and my appointment is moved to this coming Monday!! Now I won't have to worry about having a sore mouth come Christmas. We will go up to Kris's in the city the night before and come home if the weather is decent after my operation.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent news. It will be great to get it over and done with. Fingers crossed the weather plays ball for you. xx

      Delete