Monday 30 October 2023

Monday, 30-10-23

Good morning, everyone.  I hope you had a lovely weekend, whatever the weather.  It started wet here yesterday, then the sun came out, then it poured, then the sun . . . you get the idea.


They're supposed to be building a garden room, not a swimming pool.  Mind you - it would be nice . . . . .

Yesterday was one of those nice, gentle restful days.  The poor weather meant that I couldn't get out into the garden so I stayed inside, finished off the washing, ironing, etc and then just chilled with crochet, telly and Kindle.  It was just very pleasant.

Finally, we're starting to see a pecking order in the strictly contestants, I think.  I expected last night's leaver to go and there's about three or four more who, I think, will be the next 'bottom of the tablers' and also likely finalists - but you never know with Strictly.  All it takes is one poor dance, one slip up . . .

Today, garden room work resumes (weather permitting) and so does small group circuits.  I'm very much looking forward to the latter.  And that's about it really.
I hope you have a really lovely day.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Hope its dry enough for the garden room work today. Forecast is very mixed for all week - yuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that promising, is it? It's actually not too bad here at the moment. The sun keeps trying to break through. xx

      Delete
  2. We had a garden room built in Suffolk and sat in it every day for teas and coffee, we could get one here as the garden is big enough, but we are inclined to go walking to the sea front here rather than stay home. Hope the weather stays dry so they can continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely, Chris - both the garden room and walking by the sea. I'd feel the same, I think. xx

      Delete
  3. The weather is very hit and miss and the forecast changes constantly. We have a yellow warning for rain. I hope your builders can continue to work today. It's exciting seeing a building grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are here and we've only had a little bit of rain so far. In fact, the sun has just come out. Lucky!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Yes it was really time for Zara to leave the competition wasn't it?
    Good standard this year and I'm liking some of the subtle changes - is it me or is there slightly less screeching and ott lovey dovey stuff ?
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so. She seemed very sweet but she didn't have that sort of 'push' to her dancing.
      I'm really enjoying it too. xx

      Delete