Friday 27 October 2023

Friday, 27-10-23

 Morning, one and all, and welcome to Friday.

Yesterday was a busy morning and a not so busy afternoon.

Seth and the gang arrived at eight, in the pouring rain, poor chaps, and set to work.

First they moved the freezer into the living room.  I could get used to having a freezer inside but not there, for sure.  It looked grubbier than I thought it was so I gave it a good clean down with Pink Stuff and then with a general cleaning spray.  Now it looks respectable.


Then they cleared everything else out while Seth came in and we talked about the cupboard units.  As I expected, he gave me the website for a place he can get similar stuff but more cheaply as it's for trades only and I found just what I wanted - floor to ceiling cupboards, painted wood or wood effect, all very nice.  Also, possibly a wine rack either vertical or across the top - possibly.

Then they carefully started taking the shed apart - carefully because I believe it will be repaired and reused somewhere.  I'm glad about that - apart from the floor, it's in pretty good nick really.


Going . . . . 
. . . going (that wood thingy is the floor) . . . 

I have no idea how old some of those leaves he is brushing up are - the shed went up in 1999, I think, or maybe 2000.  They could almost be prehistoric!
. . . and gone.

While they were taking the shed to wherever it was going, I started stressing that I'd made a mistake because that corner, done over properly, would make a lovely little vegetable patch or a raised thingy.
Too late to change my mind though - so I didn't.







And by the end of the day - oh, my gosh, it looks ginormous.  Having serious wibbles now but I guess I will get used to it.

In other news, I went upstairs to sort out some more cupboards and I rediscovered some shoes I had forgotten I had.  I know that sounds daft and I will not need to buy shoes for a while to come now.  Excellent

Today does not start with Slimming World, it starts with Seth and co arriving for an eight o'clock start and I've moved my car onto the road so they can park the van out of the neighbours' way.  Then it is Slimming World and I also need to pop into Morrisons to get some more biscuits, the lads having made great inroads into them yesterday.  It wouldn't do to run out, would it?
The house is pretty much cleaner-ready so that's good.
Again, I'm not sure what else I will do, it all depends on how things go and I guess it's going to be like that for a few weeks.  xx


















13 comments:

  1. Exciting things happening in your garden! I'd think carefully about the wine rack. Wine likes more or less even temperatures, will the garden room get really hot in Summer and cold in Winter? You could of course get a temperature controlled unit .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that was me! Annabeth

      Delete
    2. It might get hot in summer, just as the house will, but it will be heated in the cold weather so I think it should be as OK as anywhere else, apart from a proper wine cellar. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Exciting! It won't look as big once it's built, strangely. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting.
      I've been standing at the window, envisioning it finished with some plants around and nicely done out inside and I think it will look good. Different, but good. xx

      Delete
  3. It's going to be lovely. Yes, keep the biscuits topped up and the tea/coffee flowing, always goes down well with the workers doesn't it? x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely does. I can't believe how quickly they are going. The milk too. I hardly use milk as I don't really drink tea and have coffee black but I'm on the second pint and have brought a larger carton for next week. No complaints - they are hard workers. xx

      Delete
  4. How exciting, it's going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen. I think it is going to be lovely, just big in a fairly little garden but I plan to rearrange my pots and if I need to get some more or change things in the raised beds, I will too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, that crew works very quickly. It will be fabulous once completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are good workers. Seth has built a good team, that's for sure and I love how he takes on youngsters and trains them up. xx

      Delete
  6. Good for you for taking the step! It will be fabulous when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. Yes, it will - it has to be, the amount I am ploughing into it and, to be fair, it's a long held dream, like the solar panels and the Northern lights.
      xx

      Delete