Friday 6 October 2023

Friday, 06-10-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Home, sweet home today.  It has been lovely this week but I will be glad to get home too.

Yesterday turned out to be the most active day of the week.

One of the muntjacs coming to say good morning and to find his/her breakfast.

I was able to do my half hour online with Lindsey and it felt really good.

Then we had breakfast before going for our bowling session.  We're useless at bowling but we all had a great time - we managed two games and a bit in our hour and I'm really glad we were able to book it.  So much fun.

On the way back, Beth and I decided we wanted to find the Treehouses and take a look at them.  They're very much the top notch accommodation of the whole Parc and look fantastic.  I took a few photos.



We have a sort of very tentative plan to celebrate my 75th with a stay either in one of the tree houses or in a waterside lodge.
This is them and they are unique to Elveden.

Yes, they all cost both arms and both legs but if Dave and Anna came too it would work.  It's just a very tentative idea at the moment as I'm nowhere near that age yet, but one has to book them really early as they go quickly.  

Then we went back to our lodge for a late lunch before going for one more swim which was just lovely - I do enjoy the swimming at Center Parcs.  We swam from side to side, enjoyed the wave machine, did multiple laps of the lazy river and relaxed in the spa pool.  So enjoyable.

And then, finally, home again to do some packing and wait for our takeaway to arrive.  
Just a really lovely day.

We have permission to stay in the lodge until 10:30 so Beth can do her online training.  Alex might have a quick last swim but I won't.   After loading the car, I will just chill and enjoy the forest vibe.

And tomorrow everything will be back to normal.  
Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx


6 comments:

  1. You've clearly all had a fantastic week Joy, I'm so glad for you. The 75th birthday special accommodation idea is a lovely one, I do hope it comes off and Dave and Anna come too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fantastic five days. It's always lovely to get home but a bit of me wishes I were still there, watching the deer and the squirrels finding their breakfast, with a swim on the agenda. Sign of a good time. xx

      Delete
  2. The birthday celebration sounds good. Book it now so that you get the one you want;-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not right now. For a start, Beth is going to talk to Dave and Anna about the idea and secondly, I don't think they take bookings so far into the future. We're talking three and a half years ahead. xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this lovely jaunt with us. I really enjoyed it and your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fab, Chris. Such a nice holiday. xx

      Delete