Thursday 12 October 2023

Thursday, 12-10-23

 Morning, everyone.   The fine weather had finally broken.  The rain started late afternoon, the ground is wet now and it is very lightly drizzling.  It's not that cold though - slipper and my oodie are keeping me toasty warm - but it's time to have the winter knits ready to wear as needed, I think.

For Brenda, here's a couple of pictures borrowed from Google Images to give you some idea of what a garden room is.  Mine won't look like either of them, but you get the idea, I hope



And for Suze (and anyone else interested) - I was in a rush to get the aran jacket finished (I had to buy buttons) that I wrapped it up and took it over to Chris to take to her grandson without photoing it.  However - I made another one in the next size up, using what I had in my cupboard and I have photo-ed that . . .

I wanted to do a hood rather than a collar but just didn't have enough yarn.  It's really a slightly darker red than the photo shows and it might be his Christmas gift, poor little chap!   :-)

Everyone, I haven't done any more work on my applique needle case but Suze has finished hers and it really is a work of great beauty!

Yesterday was a good day.  I went to Hobbycraft and was very good at just looking for and buying buttons.  Then I went to the next door shop, Wren, to look at their kitchen doors/units/etc, with garden room cupboards in mind and found just exactly what I had pictured in my head - very plain, simple, Shaker style doors, plain white, although I am also wondering about a very light grey, and matt, not shiny.  So that gives me a great starting point, doesn't it?  I'll look in B&Q and other places locally too before consulting Seth again so he can do the working out and ordering for me - he offered to and that's more than fine by me as he knows what will be needed and I don't.

Mel came round with my Avon order and we had a good old chat about all sorts of things.  It's so nice to be able to spend the time with friends, isn't it?  I don't have a big load of 'friends' but I value and treasure every one of them, I really do.  I'm so lucky.

Personal training was great - as always.  The time goes so quickly and I feel so energised afterwards.  Thanks, Lindsey!

And all through the day, niggling at the back of my mind, was wondering about what was going on at school.  I will hear at some point, possibly get the initial report early (as a governor, so won't be able to share it) but, having lived through several in my time, I know what it must be like.  Ho hum.

Today I have a busy, organised morning and a not quite so busy/working at home afternoon.  It's a shame about the rain because shed clearing is on the agenda but, if it's not too bad, I can dodge the raindrops.  There's not loads to do now and I have sort of divided the work into short blocks - clear food shelves; clear top of upright freezer (it's terribly cluttered); move garden chairs to garage - that sort of thing.  None of them will take too long which makes it all feel very easily achievable.  And I do have two and a half weeks.  It makes me very glad I have been nibbling away at it all summer.

Have a lovely day, everyone.  Be good, take care and stay happy!  xx


4 comments:

  1. The little jacket is adorable and being aran and cable it will be warm and cosy. Thanks too for your kind words about my needle case, yours will be just as lovely, enjoy finishing it - you chose such great colours. Enjoy your day too.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind, thanks, Suze.
      Looking critically at the jacket, I'm not sure I like the patterning around the raglans as it's a bit over-chunky - I think next time I will just delete at the edge. It is a nice pattern though, very satisfying to knit.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely little jacket. I can imagine a cuddly tot inside it :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a really nice pattern, isn't it? I do enjoy knitting Aran. xx

      Delete