Monday 2 October 2023

Monday, 02-10-23

Good morning, everyone.  It's Monday, start of a holiday week (well, five days) for Beth, Alex and me.  There's still a few bits round here to do but nothing too bad and plenty of time to do them.

Yesterday, I pottered, getting this, that and the other done.  KLater afternoon, I drove over to Beth's, topping up with petrol as I went - I had enough in the tank to get there but probably not enough to get home again and I didn't want to have to look for somewhere on the way.

I'd already cleared the car so, after coffee and a good old chat, we started getting Beth and Alex's stuff in.  Normally it would not be any sort of problem but this time there's an electric wheelchair to accommodate so really I needed to know whether I could get my case in or whether I needed to pack in smaller supermarket bags or, last resort, take two cars.

To our great delight, pretty much all their stuff fitted in the boot, leaving room in the back for me to wedge in my case.  My bits and bobs will edge into wheelchair gaps.


Once home, I settled down for an evening of telly - Countryfile and It Takes Two while I stitched away at leaves on my little project.  

It's not the best, I am OK with structure of things but have little sense of design, as I've said before, but that's OK.  I'm enjoying it and will have something that I will enjoy using so that's the main thing.

I won't be taking it with me, just my knitting, so I must put it away this morning so nothing goes walkabout.





Other things I need to do include:
watering the plans
clearing the bins
letting the neighbours know they can use my parking slot
bit of shopping
making sure I have ALL my tech . . .
. . . so I guess I had better stop waffling and get moving.

Have a great day and be happy!  xx


10 comments:

  1. The needlecase is looking really lovely. Have a wonderful time, all three of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SOoze. I think it's going to be good. xx

      Delete
  2. I like your needlecase - the leaves are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was an Autumn workshop so I wanted to make it Autumnal. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you all have a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. We've had a good start. xx

      Delete
  4. Your project is beautiful. I think you did a great job on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitched leaves are very cute.
    I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing time away. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has started well, thank you so much. xx

      Delete