Friday 13 November 2015

Friday

Well, here I am, staying in again today.  Yesterday was a bit miserable, one way and another.  I managed to sleep on and off which helped but wasn't feeling all that wonderful.
I suppose going to bed before seven on Wednesday evening was a bit of a hint that all was not well although I felt fine when I woke early morning yesterday.  One of those things, I guess.

I was going to be away over the weekend, staying at my parents and going to the Arcadians' show, a sort of cabaret affair with music from Rodgers and Hammerstein but they've not been at all well recently (my parents, not R and H!) and I don't wish to share any lurgies with them.  So a weekend indoors it shall be!

However, I saw something that cheered me up.  It is the custom now for all the 'big' names to produce a Christmas commercial that is a sort of blockbuster.  Some are good, some try too hard.  Yesterday I saw the new Sainsbury's one, starring Mog, and it's really lovely!  Well done, Judith Kerr, Mog and Sainsbury.  The best of the bunch for me!


A few days ago I made some broccoli soup from a head of broccoli that had started dying in my fridge.  It was perfect yesterday when I wasn't up to cooking - very tasty and comforting.  I also have some celery that needs dealing with so I think I will make more soup today using a similar system but with celery instead of broccoli.
I wrote up the recipe and, yesterday, posted about the broccoli soup on t'other blog and will do the same with today's effort, if it works and, indeed, if I get around to it!

Hope your day goes well for you, gentle readers, whatever you are doing.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe working so much has you a bit run down and vulnerable to all the germs at the school? Keep cosy and be comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it has. I think I am just out of practice really. I will stay cosy and warm today and through the weekend and am sure I will be perfectly OK very soon. Thanks.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went off to look at the Mog advert and I agree - it's lovely 😊 thanks for the recommendation

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Just goes to show, teaching's not good for your health, retirement is!

    Hope your parents feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retirement is definitely healthier!!! Thanks, Annabeth, mum and dad are much better now. I just don't want to risk being over-generous with my bugs!
    It's really lovely, isn't it, Chrissie. I think it will take several viewings before I get tired of it.
    J x

    ReplyDelete