Monday 23 November 2015

Monday

I'm back!

For once I managed to oversleep.  Well, not really oversleep but it was past seven when I woke.  Fortunately I didn't have a lot to do before leaving for swimming at 8:15.

We're now home after a lovely gentle swim, the first for several weeks.  It did feel good to be back in the water, although we took it gently and didn't get too tired.

Yesterday went well too.  Alex thoroughly enjoyed his roast and there's enough left over for me for this evening.  That leg of pork on special was great value.  I slow roasted it and then zapped the rind on high whereupon it crackled beautifully.

The rest of today is full of things.  I have to make two batches of bread, the green tomato chutney (because I took the tomatoes out of the freezer yesterday) and soup for lunch.  Better get going then, hadn't I?


2 comments:

  1. I always make crackling for the family, I can't stand it myself but doesn't it stink the place out with the smoke from the fat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too bad but yes, it was a bit smoky. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete