Saturday 7 November 2015

Saturday

The pond at Hyde Hall: 27-10-15

Good morning, everyone.  It is Saturday!!!  Yay!  I have no idea about the weather but it can't be that cold because I need neither dressing gown nor slippers.

As I may have mentioned once or twice, I'm back to full time teaching for a short time and it has hit hard!  Bed before eight yesterday which means an early awakening today, just like the good old days.  I'm aching all over too - not feeling ill, just aching from unaccustomed activity, I think, including sitting on impossibly small chairs (and getting up from them)!!!

Yesterday was lovely though, especially the afternoon.  Both Y1 classes got together for a rehearsal.  The school is holding a 'Eurovision Song Contest' (with very little of the 'Euro' about it) on Monday and our song is Frere Jacques in two parts.  We had heard that the children will all be finishing the event off with a rousing rendition of Land of Hope and Glory so we thought we'd better teach it with a clip of the Last Night of the Proms on you tube - well, I was in my element and enjoyed it even more than the children who were waving pretend flags and bouncing up and down in response to the music.  A few littlies just sat utterly transfixed.  Musicians of the future, perhaps?

After that bit of fun it was Golden Time, being Friday afternoon, and K and I decided to create a 'freeflow'.  In other words, each bay had different activities out and the children 'free flowed'.  It is an easy environment to create because we are semi-open-plan.
The children loved it.  So did little boy who 'loves Mrs Clark' as he came in, sat down beside me and proceeded to beam at me silently for much of the session!
We have decided to do it again next week when we will have more time to organise different activities so that there's a good balance.

Today will be a busy day too, but different busy.  More about that another time.

Well, it is not just after half past four and I can feel the tiredness returning.  There's time for more sleep so I shall disappear upstairs again and see if I can catch some.

Have a super Saturday, gentle readers!  I know I will!


3 comments:

  1. I hope you are sleeping peacefully. It is throwing it down with rain here but I too have a busy day planned so more coffee and a shower first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also fast asleep ridiculously early and thus woke early! Shower n coffee n sewing n knitting for me today. It is absolutely throwing it down! Had an epic end to the week - will blog later

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get back to sleep again, thanks, Diane, and woke clear headed too so I must have needed it!
    A shame about the rain as I will be out and about at times, but never mint. Just need to remember my brolly!
    Have a wonderful day, both of you. Looking forward to reading your blogs!
    J x

    ReplyDelete