Saturday 1 June 2019

Targets

At the beginning of April I set some targets but didn't review them at the start of May, nor did I sat any more.  So here's the April ones.

April targets:
1.  Lose the weight gained over the last two weeks by 'comfort' eating and maybe three pounds more.  I don't know what the bad news is yet but I will by tomorrow bedtime.  I'll do it by continuing to plan carefully, attend meetings and work on dealing with my bad habit of turning to food when things get tough.

Well, it's taken me two months, not one but yes, I've done that all bar half a pound so now I can move on into new territory again.

2.  Continue to use up stuff in the freezers and, as a result, minimising my April food costs.  By the end of the month, I would like to be able to defrost the smaller of the freezers but I can't until there's room to move stuff over to the bigger freezer.
Still working on this.  There's so much 'stuff' in each freerzer and, while there is more space, I'm not in a position to defrost the upright one yet.  It didn't help that I was away so much.

One to continue

3.  Finish sorting out the books in the work room.

Again, not totally there but it's definitely better than it was at the start of April.

4.  Give my 'gadgets cupboard' a good sort out.  There's stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day since the last time I sorted it out so they must go;  however 'useful' I may think they are, they obviously aren't, they're just a waste of space. 
Also a work in progress.  I've sorted out some other cupboard space and am slowly working through stuff in the gadget copboard.  I do find it terribly difficult to get rid of stuff.

5.  Allotment - get it as sorted as possible.

Oh, dear.  But I do have someone who can help me with it.

Here's the new targets then.
1.  Continue on the SW programme and get into the next stone banding before my holiday at the beginning of July.  I'll carry on with SW - in fact, I have taken a twelve week Countdown - and keep to the planning.  I'll do SP from Mopnday to Thursday inclusive.

2.  Get the sorted out books to school for the July Fair.  

3,  Continue to use stuff up in the freezer plus, ashamed as I am to admit it, there really is some stuff that ought to be chucked.  How terrible is that!

4.  Get that cupboard finished!

5.  Allotment.  'Nuff said!


10 comments:

  1. I see some on your list that I need to do - especially the freezer one! I was doing so well, but they both seem to be packed again. I need to get them sorted before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezers do have that habit, don't they? Annoying thingd. I suppose the plus side is that we don't go hungry.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your target lists, Joy, because many items on them are similar to things I need to do as well. It seems like since I retired 2 1/2 years ago I have been sorting books, clothing and household items over and over again! A never ending battle it seems. Such is life, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right! Going round in circles!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I only have a small freezer and it's pretty empty right now, but I know there's stuff in there that should be used up. My biggest problem is using fresh stuff before it spoils. I noticed today that fruit has gone up in price considerably so mustn't let it go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we each have our own 'issues' in that way. Generally, I am OK with fresh fruit and veg but I keep getting more, despite have plenty of freezer stock and that's a waste too. Everything's going up, isn't it? It's quite scary.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have a similar list in my head of all the things I need to do - nothing that really makes a difference to anyone but me. When it doesn't make a difference to anyone else, it's easy to put it off! It would give me a real sense of accomplishment to get the spare room in the basement straightened, along with a couple of closets and a large bookcase. It seems a good idea to write everything down as you have. I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find writing it down here gives a sense of accountability. Certainly, it brings it to the front of my mind. However, we will see how much I actually do get done. :-)
      Fingers crossed for us both.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I always make a list at the beginning of the month - I call them my intentions rather than To do's as I know I only intend to do them if I have the time.
    It is the story of my life that I have so many half finished jobs because some unexpected event or issue crops up and all my intentions fall to the wayside.
    I am sure you will get back into a new rhythm soon and you will catch up with yourself and even the allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intentions is a good term; I really like it. Life just does take over from time to time.
      xx

      Delete