Saturday 1 June 2019

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It's early but it looks as if the day is gearing up for some really lovely sunshine today.  Bring it on!!

And look - a new month.  Pinch and punch and white rabbits to all my readers.  There -  now you will have good luck - maybe.  :-)

Yesterday was one of those days were everything went well.  I guess I was still buzzing from Group ther night before and it's great because I had a fantastic swim.  I can't say I actually powered up and down because that would be ridiculous but I did make more effort and finished my half hour glowing and satisfied.  The bubble pool was lovely and hot too - it isn't always.  Then I came home and had my breakfast and it went down a real treat as it always does after a good swim.

I had made a List of Things to Do because  there seemed so many things and just worked through bthem.  Washing, drying and ironing, planting the chilli and the red pepper, watering, tidying for the cleaner, packing, etc.  I love lists - they make me feel I'm getting somewhere.

The journey up to Dad's was also great - not too many holdups and surprisingly light traffic for a Friday afternoon. 

All is well up at Dad's and it should be a good weekend.  This evening, we're off out to see the last performance of the Arcadians' show, The Sound of Music;  I'm really looking forward to it.  Before then, there's some weeding and a bit of clearing to be done down one side of the back garden.  Mum always used to do that - the flowers, etc, were her responsibility and the vegetables were Dad's.
There's lily of the valley that needs thinning out so I am very likely to come home with a damp newspaper wrapped parcel to replant in my front patch.  Ditto with a few other bits and bobs too.

I'm very impressed with the vegetable patch.  Dad has a young friend (and I do mean young, he's still at school) who has taken over the veg patch.  He does it for free, I gather, and Dad shares the produce with him and I guess I will too, when it's ready.  It's all looking very productive and positive and I can see that there will be plenty to share around the neighbours and the church as well as M taking his share.  He seems to be doing very well and to be enjoying what he does; perhaps it's a career in the making for him.  Who knows.
I'll take some photos today.

I'm anticipating that the garden work will take all day, on and off, depending on how hot it gets, so that will be great exercise and I should enjoy it very much!
Whatever you do, may it be a lovely day for you.  xx


6 comments:

  1. Joy everything seems to be going according to plan and I am delighted for you. I see you have an idiot comment which needs ignoring or deleting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I've removed it. Some people are just so sad.
      It's nice when things work out, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. The youngest sons of one of my cousins turned into a very keen gardener in his early teens, taking after his grandparents and mother, who were/are all great gardeners, and we all imagined he'll be running his own nursery eventually. He is now studying law! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well, there you go! Does he still enjoy his gardening?
      xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely that your dad has someone to help him keep on top of the vegetable patch. It will be beneficial to both of them and good company too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I think it is lovely too, really good.
      xx

      Delete