Monday 10 June 2019

Monday

Good morning!  Well, what a contrast with yesterday early morning.  Yesterday t was bright, warm and sunny.  Today it's chucking it down and looks set to continue for a fair old while to come.  No picking strawberries this morning - they will have to wait.  And, certainly, no breakfast (or lunch) outside.  Can't grumble though - I was digging and weeding yesterday and, below the first few inches, the soil was very dry.

I started off yesterday with a good old swim.  The gossip girls arrived in force soon after I started (they're really very pleasant, it's just that I go to swim) and took pretty much the whole width of that half of the pool so I moved into the 'slow' lane and had to push myself to keep up and not hold up the other two, so I had a good workout which was nice.

When I got home, I had breakfast (and lunch) out in the garden and it was lovely and peaceful.


Once that was sorted, I took a deep breath and went upstairs, carpet sweeper and bin bags in hand and worked.  My bedroom is now done apart from a bit of cupboard sorting.  It looks nice and welcoming again and I think I would like a couple of plants in there - I find plants very relaxing.
So while I'm on a roll, I will get started with the blue room which, at the moment, would not be able to accommodate guests of any shape, size or description.
It's just as well the bin is being emptied this Thursday!

My other bit of exercise was to take the long way to the clothes drop off point with a bag of stuff that I can no longer wear.  I heaved it in with a great sense of satisfaction!

Today I am having an early morning swim and then will be starting on the blue room.  Cupboards first (of which there are several) and then all the stuff on the beds, although I don't think I will get that far today.  I have planning and tuition as well so there's plenty to do to keep my mind off any thought of food!  It's all going well so far this week and I don't want to sabotage it.

Unless it clears up, I doubt I will be taking any walks though.

Stay warm and dry and have a good day!  xx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, what a lovely garden you have. It's so nice to be able to eat in the garden, isn't it? We do sometimes but, living on farmland as we do, tend to get besieged by flies here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's very small but I do like it. There were some flies about yesterday but not too bad. Plenty of bees among the flowers, which was good to see.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That looks like a lovely spot for relaxing in the garden.
    I love to have houseplants dotted around, but this house doesn't get an awful lot of light - I'd have a houseful otherwise!
    Enjoy your swim. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Jules, I think it's very pleasant. A shame you can't have houseplants but you have a lovely outdoors, don't you?
      xx

      Delete
  3. It is hosing down here too Joy but as you say the garden is still in need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so, as are the fields of crops so it's a Good Thing really. And just think of all those water butts filling up!
      xx

      Delete
  4. We have a dry day today but yesterday was one of those dry then rain days with the washing coming in and out. Glad you have finished your bedroom it makes such a difference doesn't it. Have a good day - I have a heap of jobs to get through - my knee was bad at the weekend and I had to rest it so not much got done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your knee is bad enough to stop you doing things - not pleasant at all. I hope resting it helps.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Give yourself a pat on the back for finishing your bedroom. It feels good when it's done, doesn't it?

    I haven't managed to eat outside recently, either too cold or too wet! I also need to get a patio umbrella because on sunny days it's too hot to sit out there ... can't win really! Your little seating area looks lovely. Is it quiet where you are or do you get a lot of traffic noise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it really did feel good.
      It's generally fairly quiet but you do hear the traffic in rush hour and there's children's noise too although I really don't mind that. Decades of playground duty has vaccinated me against that!
      There's just one road to the side of my neighbouring house and then it's countryside so I'm lucky really.
      I reckon a sunshade would be a good way to go if there's no natural shade. Again, I'm lucky because there's always somewhere shady in my garden, what with next door's tree. It's nice.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  6. Looks lovely in your garden. A great place to relax. Glad you got the swim in. Wish there was a pool closer to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I do like my little garden now that it's surrounded with container plants. Despite my grumbles, it's quite easy to maintain and is nice to rest in.
      Our pool is just a ten minute (outside rush hour) drive into town so very convenient really.
      xx

      Delete