Sunday 2 June 2019

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  Here I am, sat up in bed, laptop on knee, coffee behind me, window wide open, drinking in the fresh air from the open window and loving life.  It's great.

According to the BBC, it looks as if today will be the same as yesterday but about three or four degrees cooler - bright sunshine in the morning and more hazy sunshine in the afternoon.

I woke earlyish yesterday and, after the usual things - wash, dress, coffee but not necessarily in that order - I got out some of Dad's tools and attacked the side bed.  It was pretty overgrown and Dad wanted quite a lot of stuff right out so it was a question of fork in and heave.  I've discovered I don't have the weight behind the fork like I used to which made it flippin' hard work!  Absolutely brilliant exercise and I can feel it this morning.

Most of the stuff went straight in the bin but I do have a few lily of the valley roots in water to take home for the front and also one hellebore although that's going to go in a pot after seeing how invasive it can get and how difficult it is to get up!  I might pop down to that new garden centre and get another pot in the range I use at some point but, just for now, I have a boring old brown pot for it to go into.

By twelve thirty, the sun had moved into the garden (so to speak) and I stopped for the day.  No point getting a headache.  I shall carry on this morning and should get that side finished plus, maybe, a bit of the bottom too.

The aftyernoon was gentler.  I popped to Tesco and then more or less slept the afternoon away.  In the evning we went to see The Sound of Music with Ann and Zoe next door.  It was fantastic.  Staging opportunities were thin on the ground as they use a school theatre but what they did use was perfect, the back drops were good and as for the singing - wow!  The children, who can make or break this show, were utterly delightful and Leisl had a stunning voice.
A really good evening's entertainment.

And I won one of the raffle prizes!

Today I will do more gardening and this afternoon I might take a stroll to Bickerdikes (garden centre, of course) to explore their range of plants.  Will I buy anything?  Well, I do want a lavendar, a good, old-fashioned one without frills or French fancies as they have the strongest and loveliest scent so, if I do go, yes, maybe I will.
I also want to get some cat pepper.  The citrus only worked for a few days, darn it!
If Dad comes with me, I shall take the car, of course; after all, I'll have done my body magic for the day, good and proper.

It should be a good day and right now it feels absolutely perfect.  It's so green out there and all the mature trees are now fully leafed and are rustling gently in the breeze.  I have no work, no planning, no reports, no assessments, no resources to make, nothing but to take life at my own pace with one of my favourite people.  It's fab!

You have a good day too.
xx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, you sound full of the joys of Spring! It's not such a good day here, cloudy and quite breezy and muggy, rain forecast for this afternoon so hopefully that will make it feel a bit fresher. Have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, Sooze. was lovely and I'm so pleased I'm sticking to plan (mostly) too.
      I suppose it might turn muggy later but it feels good at the moment. I hope your rain comes sooner rather than later to improve the atmosphere.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We haven't enjoyed any of the wonderful sunshine, which seems most of the country is getting, this weekend. I think we got ours earlier in the week.
    Enjoy your day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great shame, especially over half term. Your turn will come, I'm sure.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's good to hear you sounding so upbeat and full of life ... long may it continue! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel good yesterday morning - I usually feel fine, you know, but especially so yesterday. It was a lovely day!
      xx

      Delete
  4. It’s great delight to hear what a lovely time you and your dad are having enjoying each other's company so much.
    You sound really carefree and full of the joys.
    It's wonderful and made me remember the happy times I had with my dad. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sue. It was indeed a lovely day and I hope Dad enjoyed it too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love it that you sound so happy and that's wonderful! It has been a good day here, also, with a special pot-luck lunch after church and getting to see a former pastor who is one of my favorite people in the world. She is a lovely young woman and any time I get to spend with her is a joy. So, it's a good day here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds great, Debbie, I hope you had a wonderful time, both at the lunch and then with your friend.
      xx

      Delete