Saturday 15 June 2019

Saturday

Good morning.  The sun's shining and it feels warm.  Lovely.  Yesterday was pretty good too; a few showers, some cloudy spells and a satisfying amount of sunshine.  Lovely!

I'm well pleased:  Beth has accepted my commission to make two patchwork quilts for my guest room so now we are in deep discussions about it.  It's a win-win for me.  I think it is a very 'meaningful' way to use a bit of my retirement lump sum, they will be useful, beautiful and enhance my environment, they will be a sort of heirloom and I get to support my daughter in her small business.  What could be better?

I had a good drive to Dad's yesterday.  With all the road works on the A120, holdups are inevitable, but there was only one lengthy hold-up whiloe the usual queue at Little Hadham was minimal.  Can't complain!

Dinner at the Millstream was lovely as always. 

Today, we are driving over to Kettering to see Diana and Tom.  Diana is my Mum's much younger sister and I haven't seen her for absolutely ages.  They weren't able to come to Mum's funeral as Tom is very poorly. I'mb looking forward to it very much.  Before then, I'll pop into Baldock to do a bit of shopping for Dad.

It will be a quiet day and should be very restful.  Nice.
Hope yours is too.  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the sunshine it makes such a difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does too. Today looks promising too
      xx

      Delete
  2. I can hear the wind rustling through the trees here so a bit breezy but dry. Have a lovely weekend with your dad - he will appreciate your company. And what a great idea about Beth making you the quilts - they will be something to treasure and well made no doubt. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a pleasant time, thank you. Being spoilt!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend with your Dad and family visiting. That is great news about your quilts! Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely. They will take a while but should be done by the autumn, I should think.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful time with your Dad and family this weekend.

    Have you decided on a colour for the quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the room is blue, curtains and rugs, so I was thinking pinks, blues and lilaces, all in pastel shades with some chintzy-type patterns. Nothing very bright.
      xx

      Delete