Friday 31 May 2019

Friday

Good morning everyone.  I'll start off with an apology to any of my lovely readers who saw quite an unpleasant comment yesterday.  All I will say is that someone seems to have a big problem.  It was deleted, of course.

Wasn't it a beautiful day yesterday?  Sun, sun and more sun until late afternoon when it was cloudy and I wondered if it would rain.  It didn't though and I got my walk to SW group and back without getting wet.

For a day with not much planned, I think I did rather well.  I went round to F to give her something and stayed for coffee and a chat sitting out in her lovely garden during which she mentioned a local garden centre I'd never visited.  Then I came home to check the washing that I had pegged out earlier and brought it in.  After that it was off to Beth's to talk to her cats for a while as she's away for a couple of days and on the way home I decided to pop off to that garden centre rather than weeding the front bit.  Well - it was garden related activity.

F is right, it's a lovely garden centre with quality plants that are not too expensive.  Of course I succumbed - to a perennial geranium and two upright fuschias, all for the front plus a sweet pepper plant and a chilli plant, just to broaden my range of produce, you understand, and that motivated me so much that, when I got home, I went straight out and weeded the front before planting the first three new plants out.  The front isn't totally finished yet, there's some scraping between slabs, etc, but it looks so very much better.

I know it doesn't look much right now but there's lots of things there that should look lovely in the coming months.  There's unknown summer bulbs, a dahlia, crocosmias, poppies, and what I put in today as well as the bushes (one's very tiny still) and I have a couple of lupins to go against the wall, if I can get them a bit stronger.


I will plant out the chilli and the pepper this morning.

Then I had time to sit out in the back garden with my copy of Jack Monroe's latest book, Tin Can Cook; it was all very pleasant and restful and very pleasant to have a pretty clear conscience  if you forget about the decluttering, which is something I'm always happy to do!

Slimming World group was fun and it was super to be back with my own group for a week, even though a number of friends weren't there due to half term.  There were some good things to taste and, to my surprise and pleasure, I lost 4 lbs and was slimmer of the week.

Today I have quite a lot to pack into the morning, not to mention into my suitcase, because after lunch I'm popping off to Dad's for a few days.  I'm taking him out to dinner this evening and we're both looking forward to that.  The forecast for the weekend's weather looks positive - I doubt I will need an electric blanket over the next few days.

Have a great day.  xx

16 comments:

  1. I am SO pleased for you, Joy - brilliantly well done! What a boost for you. You deserve those new plants! Have a lovely weekend with your Dad, and enjoy the meal out tonight.

    I had a strange nasty comment yesterday too, it got consigned to spam without seeing the light of day. I guess someone got out of bed on the wrong side (a charitable way of saying they're either a dirtbag or mentally ill).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to the Mumbai ones - they come in spurts. I guess this one seemed more personal because of my own family situation but it was still scum based rubbish and better in the bin!
      Thanks - I'm still buzzing inside after yesterday evening.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Big congrats on the SW success.

    The weird comments are just computer generated they don't go on every blog and type them just link them in somehow to anyone who comments on a blog who has a blog of their own. So don't worry, just delete forever. The women one has been around a while and pops up now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue - I'm sure I swam with extra vigour this morning!
      I've never had the woman one before. I guess I've been lucky.
      xx

      Delete
  3. One of the reasons I have my blog so securely tucked away these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Well, we will see. I quite like to have it open really. But they are a right pest!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, both for the 4 lbs loss and slimmer of the week. Well done for sticking to your plan through such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really think I'm on the way again now.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a good day! I’m a sucker for new plants, too. We several places that sell plants, including two small local nurseries. Their plants always do well and it seems a few plants come home with me each time I head to town! Congratulations on losing more weight! Enjoy your weekend with your dad. Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can think of worse things to spend my money on and I'm sure you can too. :-) Plants are very positive things and add to quality of life, don't they.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss and slimmer of the week, although I can't say I'm surprised, as you're so good at sticking to your plan.
    Have a safe trip to your dad's and enjoy the weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked but it was a nice shock! :-) It was a good journey up to Dad's and things are good.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your plants are looking great and it sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful day. That's awesome with your success at SW! I struggle gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds so I admire you for your discipline! I get ugly/strange comments from time to time as well. It seems to come with blogging unfortunately. Like you, I delete them away! Have a wonderful weekend with your Dad, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I think it's going to be a super weekend.
      Good luck with your weight loss.
      xx

      Delete
  8. congrats on being the slimmer of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Gill. It was nice! The SoW prize is always a basket of syn free or low syn goodies which are very much appreciated.
      xx

      Delete