Tuesday 19 February 2019

Tuesday

Good morning.  In contrast to the weekend, yesterday was a right dismal disaster of a day.  It started off dull and then decided to rain.  Not nice at all.  However, I have just checked the BBC weather and it looks as if today is going to be lovely!  Cheers!

As usual, it was a good journey home yesterday and it's nice to be back again.  Beth was round which was great and just before we left, we started clearing out the yellow room (which is the dumping ground) because she's going to use that room as a work room-cum-office for various good reasons.  I have to harden my heart and do a sort of KonMari - not that I go with that particularly but the 'useful, valuable or seriously sentimental' thing needs to be applied fairly ruthlessly.  Or I do I mean Anthea Turner (in 'Perfect Housewife'?)
After all, I can't take it with me!  :-)

Over the weekend at my parents' home, I took a few photos and here are some.
Their bulbs.






What's left of Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary flowers (from the end of January) with foliage from their garden.


And a random shot of a rather lovely house over the road from them.  You can't really see it in summer because of the leaves.


Providing the weather doesn't disappoint, and I don't think it will, I'm definitely off to Hyde Hall.  I've got a picnic lunch planned and my walking shoes are out and ready.  Great exercise and I do love the place very much.  It'll take my mind off there not being any pottery, won't it?

I've decided to take the car as I don't want the extremely long walk from the bus stop to the grounds; I'd rather do my walking to some purpose around the gardens.

When I get home, I might start going through my books in the yellow room.  To be fair, there's some I haven't looked at in decades, some are disgracefully battered and some can go to the charity shop while others will just go in the recycling.  It goes against the grain but needs must . . .
Oh, dear!  :-)

xx

18 comments:

  1. The pholographs of the bulbs are beautiful. So lovely to have some colour after the greyness of winter.
    Enjoy your day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thast sunshine makjes all the difference, doesn't it? I'm even inspired to clear the weedsa from one of my beds because they are obstructing the impact of the bulbs now! That HAS to be a Good Thing, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, those gorgeous Spring bulbs really make your heart sing, don't they? And the house opposite your parents' one is so pretty...lucky whoever lives there. I hope you're not like Anthea Turner...I can't stand the woman, she's so tooth-achingly saccharine she just gets right on my nerves! Have a lovely day at Hyde Hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness, Sooze, so do I, so do I! I thought she was good in Perfect Housewife though - there was just a hint of tongue in cheekness that cut through the sicky sweetness.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Must look up Hyde Hall.Lovely Spring flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place, Hyde Hall. One of the big RHS gardens and very well maintained. I've taken load of photos.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm still here Joy and I hope you find your blogs - what a pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all came back again, thank goodness, but it did give me a jolt. I'm following advice and printing out a hard copy of what I follow with links.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, those flower photos are lovely. Just what I needed to cheer me up on a fairly dismal day. I hope you enjoy your visit to Hyde Hall and that the weather stays kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is lovely but it's not all that warm today. There's a chilly breeze. Not that I mind that. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos. Now you need some watercolour paper and paints to paint birthday cards!
    When clearing out I try to use the, “If it makes you feel sad or guilty why are you keeping it?” Quote from a book called the Life Laundry.
    I don't always follow the advice because sometimes things make me feel sad because they remind me of someone.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's never as simple as all that, is it?
      I wish I could paint but no - it's not one of amy abilities in any way whatsoever.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your blog list showed up for me. Looks like it just went "walkabout" for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it did. Thankfully, it is back again, informing of who, what and when. Phew.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I have a room in the basement that I need to clean out. Each summer I say it would be a good winter project. And each winter I decide it's too chilly in the basement, so it will have to be a summer project. I'm such a good procrastinator! The crocus are so bright and beautiful - such nice clear photos. I can almost smell the soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum and Dad have a beautiful garden. I shall miss it when they finally go and the house is sold. But, obviously, not half as much as I will miss them.
      xx

      Delete
  9. It will be nice for Beth to have a useful space to work and it is a great opportunity for you to have a good clear out too. It will feel great when it is done - the harder part is getting started.
    That house is delightful - I love the little thatched cottages, there are none in this part of the world.
    Gorgeous photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good. I don't need two guest rooms now that Mum and Dad are not able to come and stay and, as you say, to have a work room will be great.
      I've booked the refuse collection service to come and pick stuff up next week on Thursday so we have to get three big things outside by then. We will!
      xx

      Delete