Saturday 2 February 2019

Saturday

Good afternoon, everyone.  When do I get the chance to say that, eh?  I'm really late today because first of all I overslept, so had to rush to get out for an early shop (not-so-early-shop, as it turned out!) for Mum and Dad.  When I got in, there were things to do so I did them.  Now I'm sitting down and indulging myself!

Yesterday was a good day.  I have a chat with my neighbour over the road over a nice cuppa before finishing off my packing and housework and setting out.  The roads were clear and remained clear, even when I went through a fairly heavy snow shower along the way.  What was very interesting was how empty the roads were.  It's a cross country route which can be pretty busy, especially going through the villages and around Bishop's Stortford, but yesterday, despite it being Friday afternoon, it was such a good run with very little traffic about.
I wish it was always so easy!

When I arrived, I unpacked and set to with cooking, washing, drying, etc and got stuff done and dusted.

Today, apart from the oversleeping, it's gone well.  I've made a very nice and warming bean and veg soup for us for lunch and all the washing is done with just a bit of ironing to finish this afternoon.  I'm looking out of the french window enjoying the sight of the sun on the snow in the garden.  They've had more snow here plus a bit more overnight and it must be pretty chilly out there because even in the sun it's not melting much at all.

If I can, I think I might have a brisk walk around the block this afternoon.  It's that kind of day.

I hope it's going well for you too.  Enjoy!
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hope the weather stays OK for you to get home again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should do, thanks, Sue - it's supposed to be getting a bit warmer after today.

      Delete
  2. DS took DD from Essex/Herts border to Suffolk/Norfolk border to view a property on Thursday. They did the M11 there and the villages, through Bishops Sortford on the way back and said such easy journeys with hardly any traffic and for a wonder no accidents on the motorway. I think the threat of snow kept people away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you must be right. Anyway, it made for pleasant driving which was nice for a change.
      xx

      Delete