Monday 18 February 2019

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  I had a great night's sleep last night, thankfully, and am looking forward to the drive home in a little while.

The weekend was OK but, inevitably a worry.  We none of us get any younger!  However, it's always lovely to see my parents and we managed to get a bit of sorting out of cupboards done, which was good.  I'm coming home with a list of clothes to get or look for, for Mum, so I'll be Internet trawling.

Their snowdrops and crocuses are a picture right now so I took a few photos which I hope will come out.  I don't really want them saved on the laptop so I'll wait until I get home to upload them and show them tomorrow, if they are worth the space.

Today I shall take life easy, do the weekend's washing, change my sheets and generally do normal stuff.  It is half term round here so no Knitter-Knatter Club, no helping out in FS and no tuition.  Plenty of time.

I was thinking of a train jolly on Tuesday but I'm rather hankering towards my first trip of the year to Hyde Hall.  The winter stuff should be lovely and there will be bulbs to see too.  Really, I ought to go once a month to get the full picture of change and maybe I will.

I did look to see if there was a bus to Hyde Hall and it seemed that there was until I noticed that it didn't actually go completely there and it looks like quite a long walk from bust stop to the actual place.  So I will take the car and console myself with the fact that I am a member of the RHS so will get in free.
Weather permitting, obviously.

Better start packing, not that it takes all that long really but I like to be ready.  Then coffee.
Enjoy your day.
xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you slept well, and that you had a good time with your parents, notwithstanding the worry. Safe journey home Joy. Spring bulbs are so lovely, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an absolute delight and a promise of good things to come - I think. I love it when those first tiny green spikes start to push up, defying the cold, damp and gloom of the winter months.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I was interested in your comment about a monthly visit to see the garden they do say that when you move into a new property you should allow a full year to pass before making changes to the garden as many things are hidden and only show themselves later in the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they, and you can see why. You really notice all the changes.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I hope we get to see your photos - bulbs are so cheering, especially on a rainy day like today. I googled Hyde Hall - it looks like an amazing place so I hope the weather is kind and you manage to get there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyde Hall is lovely and it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so fingers crossed. :-) THanks. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy your visit to Hyde Hall. I also looked it up on the internet. Looks like you'll get a good bit of exercise wandering the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do and it's up a hill to get to the gardens too. I used to find that a right killer but I'm looking forward to it. The weather just has to play nicely now!
      xx

      Delete