Thursday 7 February 2019

Thursday

Good morning.  Weather

I went out to Aldi yesterday.  Oh dearlie, dearie me.  The intent was good - I wanted to stock up with loo roll (I like their 4 -ply stuff) and kitchen towel.  To be fair, I did, I'm not well supplied with those particular necessities.  But . . .

. . . they had yarn.  Lots of yarn.  And fat quarters.  Aaarrrggghhh.  I was very good, honestly.  I didn't get the tinsel yarn, I didn't get the DK, I didn't get the lovely soft baby yarn.  But I did get three whopping big balls of Aran in a gorgeous shade called 'damson'.  Ooops!  They jumped in my trolley, honest!  I can see a lovely Aran jumper being my holiday knitting at some point in the year.

I carried on round and they had craft storage boxes, a bit like tool boxes, perfect for my pottery tools.  Did I get one?  Well, of course I did!

I got a few more bits and bobs too but nothing untowards.

Then I went on to the parcels office expecting to pick up a parcel and came home with two.  That was nice.

Today is a pretty empty day which doesn't mean there's nowt to do, of course, it just means nothing in the diary until the evening.  That's great because I need to do some clearing and sorting and general houseworky type stuff and I quite fancy taking the bus into town this morning  Also, at SW this evening, it's a taster evening.  The last two times I have taken snacky type stuff so this time I shall make and take the delightfully named 'syn free dirty rice' (basically rice with mince and veg).  I shall make it earlier and then heat it to piping before spooning it all into a flask or two so it should be good and hot when it comes to nibble time.

If I'm going to get the bus at nine, I need to get going so I'll stop now.  Have a super day, whatever your plans.
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I shall be going to Aldi next week....I hope all their yarn has gone by then! I don't want my resolve tested unnecessarily! The Damson Aran does sound very tempting, though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I keep reading of other women buying wool in Aldi, but there isn't a store near me.. I 've had to circumvent this blog to access the comments, because I am still being offered a sexy site. Have you looked in your settings? I kept getting a pop up advert but got rid of through altering my settings. The wool sounds fantastic, happy knitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me so there clearly is a pretty major issue here!

      Delete
  3. Joy, I also have the same problem as Chris and VC above. I think this site must have a virus. No problems with your other blog

    ReplyDelete