Wednesday 15 August 2018

Wednesday

Good morning.  It's dull and gloomy out there but not wet (yet).  It doesn't matter, the windows are wide open as usual and the fresh air is pouring in.  It feels good.

Yesterday was a fine day; not always sunny but quite pleasant and I got a good load of washing dried on the line which made me happy.
Tuition went really well, my hair feels a lot better now, Alex loved his bangers and mash and it was lovely to see Beth after work.

Something very cheering - in the early evening, Beth and I went down to the allotment to see what, if anything, there was to pick and found loadsa stuff.  We came back with baby corn, runner beans, tomatoes, potatoes, courgettes, plums and a few apples but they're not really ready yet.

All in poly bags because some of it was a bit muddy.

We have to keep picking the baby corn now as they go woody very quickly.  As soon as the silver tassels appear, they are ready to pick.

It sounded like a very busy day on paper yesterday morning but, in fact, it all rolled along very pleasantly and I had time to just potter.

One very good thing.  As I've mentioned before, I have blood pressure issues and am on medication for it.  For the last two days my readings have at last been in the 'normal' banding - maybe I'm on top of it now.  It's been gradually going down for a while so it's not a fluke (I hope).  Long may it stay that way.

Today I have the other tuition session of the week and then the day's my own.  I am pretty sure I will ruin my just done hair by going swimming (worth it!) and I may potter down to Sainsbury's as they have 25% off all their clothes until Monday.  Worth a look anyway.
Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Our elder son found he had raised BP, Joy, and has reduced it himself without medication by changing to decaff tea and coffee, and having porridge twice a day, morning and evening, with some additional flax seeds on top. It has helped a lot.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting. I've gone caffeine free too apart from the occasional diet coke and I almost always have oats for breakfast in some shape or form. I'm also losing weight and eating low fat, not to mention more consistent exercise. I think it is all helping as well as the meds.
    I was referred when I had the gall bladder emergency last November and they found my blood pressure was over 200. Dire!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're getting your blood pressure under control.

    Wow lots of lovely goodies from your allotment. Nothing better than fresh veggies. It's certainly rewarding for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to come home with an armload of fresh stuff and , yes, it makes the work worthwhile. :-) It tastes so good!
    xx

    ReplyDelete