Thursday 16 August 2018

Thursday

Good morning.  Half way through the month and time is accelerating away.  It'll be September in a blink or two.

The first part of yesterday was lovely.  Tuition was great and then, after sorting out lunch and dinner, I went off to the gym for a good swim in an almost empty pool.  Bliss.

When I got home, I set my soup to warm and checked my emails while I was waiting and things moved up several gears!  A message from Dad, asking if I could come over as he was poorly and Mum needed looking after.  He'd been trying to get in touch by phone but I was out of course and one doesn't tend to take ones mobile into the swimming pool!

Of course the house was half way through its day so it was a bit manic putting things together and sorting out stuff.  I gobbled my soup and popped the rest in a plastic container to take with me as it was hot, otherwise I'd have frozen it.  My dinner also went into a plastic container and that did go in the freezer as it was cold by then.  I cancelled a day out planned for today (church visits and we can reschedule), set off the dishwasher, forgot to empty the bin and also to deal with my wet swim stuff but Beth's popping in today to sort a few things out for me and water the garden.

So here I am, unexpectedly away!  Dad's OK, it was a nasty tummy upset, but he will be weak and wobbly for a few days and in no state to care for Mum so I'm glad I am here.

I should be OK to keep posting but if I don't, don't worry, I'll be back.

6 comments:

  1. I know, it's frightening how quickly time gallops past, isn't it? Autumn will be here before we blink!

    Sorry to read your Dad's not well, hope he feels better very soon. Difficult when you're a carer and don't feel well yourself. They're lucky to have you not too far away and able to go and help out at short notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good job that you are retired!
    I know it still takes some sorting out but your dad has the security of knowing
    that you will come quickly if he needs you.
    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear your Dad is on the mend, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy to the rescue! Hope your dad feels better soon, tummy upsets really wipe out your energy reserves x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time reaches an extraordinary pace when you've been retired, as we have, for 20 years, Joy! As soon as we put the clocks forward, some silly so-and-so, in charge of Time, is putting them back again, because while we haven't been lookin, spring and summer have been and gone. It was hot for a few days and then, suddenly, we're close on the coat tails of autumn and then follows the awful Trick-or-Treat night, followed by Guy Fawkes Night (at least that's an English tradition!) and then the dreaded C word (and I don't mean a four-letter word) which, if we aren't careful, will cost us a small fortune. Nay, a large fortune! They say time and tide waits for no man, but they didn't say that both became faster as we aged! Oh dear, I do sound a moaning Minnie today, which isn't like me. I have moaners with a passion,cup-half-empty people; life is to be lived, no one said it would be easy, ha ha! At least we're still here, Joy. It's a privilege to become old, some don't have that option, do they?
    Oh dear, Margaret is becoming philosophical. I think I need my supper!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say I hate moaners with a passion. Sorry, fingers not typing correctly again.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete