Saturday 25 August 2018

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It feels very autumnal again at the moment with a real nip in the air.  In fact, yesterday evening the heating clicked on and I didn't turn it off again.  It doesn't quite smell autumny yet - you know, that slightly smoky, misty scent in the air at the beginning and end of the day - but it can't be far behind.

Yesterday turned out nice.  the sun shone and it was warm but not baking.  I went swimming and enjoyed it very much after which I prepped for Al's visit.  I think he enjoyed the pizza; there was none left anyway and precious little of the salad and the potato salad that he had requested,  He rather decimated (and more) the fruit salad too.

Today I will take Al home and then the morning is mine until I meet up with Beth at the allotment, weather permitting.  The grass needs a good cut there but might be too wet as it pelted it down yesterday evening.  The weeds won't take too much effort though as the ground is damp and we need to get up the mange tout which have been a dismal failure this year, sadly.

I have SW recipe books to browse through after allotment and will probably fall asleep over them.  :-)

That's about it for today.  A lazy day mostly.  I won't go swimming as it's often crowded on Saturday but I will pop down for opening at eight tomorrow.  I know the gossip gang will be there but I can swim round them!


6 comments:

  1. Blinkin' chilly here this morning - may have to change shorts into leggings - annoying.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely warm sunshine for us - shame we are doing jobs today - tomorrow is the Bakewell Open Gardens and it will probably chuck it down again. At least there is not as much watering to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I arrived home late morning to be met by heavy rain which continued on and off for the rest of the day. Today is looking very sunny though, but I have to wait in for deliveries so won't really feel the benefits. I turned the heating on for a while in the evening ... autumn is rapidly approaching and although it's bright sunshine there is also a chill breeze.

    I was sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his recovery continues until he's feeling back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fresh, sunny 10 degrees here, we can breathe again!! Managed to cut the lawn yesterday and the day before, it needed two goes as it was quite long. I love my cordless Bosch but it doesn't cope all that well with longer grass. Found it much easier to do it on a higher setting first and then go over it again at the lower one.

    Wow, you are well organised already with your planning sheet. good luck with the SW project, I'm sure it's in safe hands with you and will be a great success.

    I'm not surprised in the slightest that Al likes to be with his Nan. Nans have always been special and safe and comfortable to be with (and usually one's biggest fan, so what's not to like!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue: I ended up putting my dressing gown on it felt so chilly. The strong breeze didn't help. It's nicer now though; still not warm but the wind has settled.
    Eileen: Welcome home. I've been following your holiday adventures with interest. It sounds like you had a lovely time. I suppose we are at the end of August and must expect things to chill a bit when the sun is low.
    Viv: Yes, the not watering is definitely a plus point. I'm afraid round here rain is very strongly forecast which is why Beth and I are doing the allotment today rather than leaving it until tomorrow. Maybe it's different your way though.
    Annabeth: Ours is a Bosch too, cordless, and you're right, it doesn't like longer, damp grass on the lower settings. It's not necessary to have the grass very short, it just means we can leave it longer between cuts really. :-)
    Thanks for the good luck. My fingers are crossed that my motivation keeps up. I wish I didn't like food quite so much sometimes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has turned very chilly and damp here with the heating coming on for a while both morning and evening, although there isn't the smell of Autumn in the air just yet. X

    ReplyDelete