Thursday 23 August 2018

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  It's rather a dull and gloomy morning but it'll probably cheer up like it did yesterday.  It's starting to feel autumnal - cool mornings and evenings but pleasant warmth during the day.

Yesterday was great.  I had a lovely time with my friend, catching up on all the news and gossip.  Next time, she's coming to mine and I will email her today with a date.  We did indeed just take up again as if we'd always been in contact which was fantastic.

When I got home, there was a little parcel waiting on the doorstep.  It was the two mini-dishes that Margaret mentioned in her blog, Shirley Conran Portmeirion, and I hoped that they would be perfect of single portions of things like cottage pie, lasagne, etc.  And so they are, they are just a perfect size as you can see from the photo with pencils in to show the size and they are attractive too.   Thank you very much, Margaret.


Today is full of stuff.
First of all it is tuition, then Alex is coming round and we are off to Hylands Park for a few hours, having lunch there.  I might take a couple of apples and treat myself to a coffee but I am sure Alex will have a meal of some kind.

Then, later on, it's off to Slimming World for the first time so do wish me luck!  :-)   Eeek!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a busy day ahead so enjoy the weather while it lasts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprise parcels on my doorstep - often when it was my birthday and I was at work I would come home to find bags hanging on the front door handle with gifts or a note to say something is in the green bin!
    have a good day - bit gloomy here - I am meeting old work chums for coffee or lunch at midday to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly it has started raining here so maybe Hylands is postponed to another time. I'll see what Al says when he gets here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parcels are such fun and catch upp coffee/lunch is even more fun. Have a great time, Viv.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Joy, for mentioning my blog on which I showed my new Sophie Conran dishes - we have already used them for cottage pies (individual ones) and for cauliflower cheeses. I like the way you have put them to another use already, for pencils (well, just to show the size of the dishes.) Oh, how I love to see nicely-sharpened pencils, all ready to use!
    My blog is down for the moment as I am changing blog 'hosts' to Blue Host which I've been assured is a good one. I had so many problems with my original host (which will remain nameless) that I have shelled out a lot of money to have Blue Host - you pay for three years, money up front, for the best 'deal', but it's still expensive as I don't make money from my blog, it's just a fun thing to do, and I only recommend things, such as these dishes, of which I've had personal experience, say a book I've enjoyed or a nail polish I've used. But I hope it won't be long before my blog is back again, still at www.margaretpowling.com
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogs are lovely but a real pain when they don't work according to plan. I hope this marks the end of your hassles, Margaret.

    The pencils didn't stay in the dish, you will be glad to know! :-D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with SW. It's very straightforward, and I've lost just under 4 stone on it since mid January. Weight loss has slowed down but I am 5'7" and now a size 10/12.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Scarlet, thanks for your very encouraging comment. I'm just taking a break from ploughing my way through the paperwork I came home with! You've done brilliantly, congratulations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. dd requested the dinner service and platters from that designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still having probs, Joy. Now my email won't work so having to access emails via the Blue Host website rather than my usual method via Office Outlook. Never mind, it will eventually get sorted out (I hope!)
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete