Tuesday 28 August 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.

I received some sad news yesterday.  My Aunty Joyce (Mum's older sister and who I am named after) died yesterday morning.  She had been very poorly.
I haven't seen Aunty Joyce for years as she was a 'GI bride' and has always lived in the States since her marriage, coming back only once or twice in all that time.  However, she and I chatted on Facebook (good old Facebook) and I am very saddened at her passing.

Cheering up somewhat, yesterday was a pleasant day otherwise.  I popped to Sainsbury's when it opened and treated my car to a good wash at the same time.  I felt quite posh driving home as it gleamed for the first time in months.  Ah well, I reckon the dust protected the paintwork!

After lunch I went over to Beth's and we sorted some stuff out.  She had done the painting so we tidied up some stuff and I came home with some washing!

The evening was spent working through the box set of the DS9 programmes my son lent me while I cleared my ironing basket in preparation for Beth's ironing!  I'm making slow progress through these sets.  I've done Next Gen so they could be returned.  I'm about three quarters of the way through DS9 and I still have Voyager to watch.  I haven't even taken the wrapping off the Poirot set I treated myself to but I will take that on holiday with me next month.

Today I have tuition first thing and then Al is coming over and we really hope we will get to Hylands - after all, third time lucky.  The forecast is for dry, dull weather which sounds OK to me.  Then Beth is coming for dinner after work.

I should sleep well tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Joy, very sorry to hear that your Aunt died. Very sad for your Mum and doubly so when there are 1000s of miles separating families and unable to share the grief, support and comfort each other.

    Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family for your sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy - sorry to hear about your aunt - what a blessing Facebook can be to keep in touch - I use it mainly for family and I can keep track of their coming and goings and news. A sad loss for you and your mum.
    Hope you get to Hylands today - dull can be good for photos sometimes too bright and the pictures don't come out very well.
    I smiled at bringing back the washing - wasn't that just what happened to me when we were helping my daughter with her decorating recently - only I had the washing bit to do as well - still keep doing a bit of ironing now and again but most things on hold until mum goes home.
    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Annabeth, your lovely comment is very much appreciated.

    Viv, Facebook can really be a force for good, helping families to keep in touch in a very direct way. I know it has a lot of problem points but they don't negate the good.
    Fear not, I have the washing to do as well. By this evening there will be ironing. :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete