Tuesday 14 August 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  The sun is shining and it is fresh and cool.  A perfect English summer morning and I am making the best of it with the windows thrown open to welcome the refreshing morning air.

Yesterday was a sad day, of course, and I ended up staying at home in the afternoon, partly because it kept raining and partly because I wanted to deal with the washing that was cluttering up my kitchen and drying racks.  I managed to get one load dried outside, mainly thanks to the wind; it certainly wasn't thanks to any sun!

Today, in contrast, is very busy.
First of all it's tuition, a bit longer as the 11+ draws ever closer
Then Sharon comes round to work her six weekly magic on my hair.
Alex is round for lunch - those bangers and mash that we planned last week if we couldn't get to Hyde Hall.
And Beth is round for dinner tonight.

In between times, I need to do a bit of clearing up and a bit more washing, drying and ironing.  At least the allotment doesn't need watering.
Better get started then!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'll bet you are relieved that yesterday is now behind you, metaphorically speaking. Today sounds like you will be very busy, don't over-do it, though, Joy - but you will get a sit down, no doubt, when you have your hair done. I love my visits to the hairdresser, they are a bit of luxury.
    Sunny morning here, we hope to do few errands, which includes a visit to the picture framer's.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked going to the hairdressers but I do love Sharon coming here to sort me out and always feel a lot better for it.

    I will get plenty of sit downs, thankfully, and yes, I am very glad yesterday is over. Thanks for your understanding. :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss it is never easy losing friends. My hair needs doing it is a complete mess and like you I hate the hairdresser but I think the time has come to bite the bullet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you find someone who would come to your home to do your hair. I do find that so much easier all round.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about the loss of your friend. I hope today's plans all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going well so far, Sarah, thank goodness. I'm not as busy as it sounds.
    Thanks, Gill, much appreciated.

    xx

    ReplyDelete