Monday 20 August 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  Oh, it is so nice to be home again.  It's lovely at Mum and Dad's, whatever the reason for going, but there's no place like home.

As planned, on the way home I stopped off at the allotment and had a bit of a pick before finishing the journey and having another pick at home.  There's enough to keep me going for a while, for sure.


The runners are all prepped now and in a bag in the fridge and  I've been eating the tomatoes like sweeties.  Much more healthy than sweets though.  Hidden in the shadow beside the apple are three lovely autumn raspberries which are destined for my breakfast in a short time.  The apple is a windfall but they really are almost ready to pick and eat now.  Loads on the mini-tree although every time I go, several have fallen.

After sorting out the veg and getting dinner out of the freezer, I sat down and promptly went to sleep.  I must have been tired!

Today I plan to go for a swim.  I also have a bit of a shop to do before some afternoon tuition.  Just a nice, normal day, in fact.


9 comments:

  1. What a lot of produce appeared while you were away!
    Very good crop of baby corn - might try them next year.

    Good to here your father is well enough for you to return home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great time of year for harvesting, isn't it? I'm so looking forward to the apples and pears now.
    Baby corn is easy to grow and produces a fine crop. You have to pull them off as soon as the tassels start showing at the top of each cob because, if left, they just grow hard and woody. They're so delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, Dad is well on the mend now. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a harvest, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) It's going to taste great too. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wonderful produce is like a still life painting, Joy, only better as you can EAT IT!!!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  7. That made me laugh, Margaret! :-D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those courgettes caught my eye! Oh indeed you are certainly reaping what you sowed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) And mostly 'speed food'?
    xx

    ReplyDelete