Saturday 15 December 2012

Recipe: sticky sausages

The recipe I used as a starting point is here.

I used two packs of good quality, meaty chipolatas and twisted each one into two cocktail sausages, giving me forty eight in total.

I mixed about 2 tbsp lemon infused oil with the remains of what was in the honey jar plus some maple syrup (I didn't measure but was quite a lot).  I then added about 2 tbsp soy sauce and a good dollop of dijon mustard and whisked it all together.  The oven was set to about 180C, I put the sausages in a roasting dish, poured over the sauce, mixed it up well with my hands and popped it in the oven.  I checked every ten minutes and stirred everything up well.  That's it - half an hour later the house smelled wonderful and they were done.  Dark, sticky and scrumptious.

Following a tip, I cooled them spread out on a sheet of greaseproof paper because I didn't want them to stick together and then stored them in the fridge until evening.

You could use the same sauce for drumsticks and ribs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment