Sunday 14 January 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  I've overslept - for me I've overslept anyway.  It's past six o'clock - well past my usual waking time - and I've obviously been sleeping on my back with my mouth open as I have a sort throat and a yucky mouth.  It will go soon but urgh!

I tried the Tom Kerridge method for mince, that of roasting it on parchment on a baking sheet for about forty minutes and, yes, it makes quite a difference, a good difference and the bolognaise was absolutely delicious.  I know it takes extra power but maybe I can organise something like baking bread at the same time to use the oven space, because that method is now in my repertoire!

Today is a quiet day, hopefully a gentle day, a day when I can get on with reading The Forsyte Saga - re-reading it, I should say  and for you, whatever you need or want it to be.

3 comments:

  1. I roasted my mince once after seeing Tom do it or maybe the Hairy Dieters did it too but I wasn't impressed! Maybe I didn't do it correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. How did you do it?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a baking tray. Spread out flat. I've got some defrosting in the fridge- I shall give it another go tonight! Going to make the PON beef hotpot x

    ReplyDelete